I am currently evaluating offers between solid regional schools in the Midwest. I currently have the following offers on the table:
University of Illinois - Full tuition (out-of-state)
University of Iowa - Close to full tuition (30k for first year, and full in-state tuition w/ RA position for second and third years)
University of Indiana (Maurer) - 25k per year
Out of the three, Indiana is my top choice so I would like to get them to raise their scholarship offer. My current dilemma is deciding when to request a scholarship increase. I retook the LSAT in February and believe that my score may go up (from 162) by a few points. Of course, I don't know for sure since it is still a few weeks before scores are released. In your opinion, am I better off emailing them ASAP to inform them about the Illinois offer and ask for reconsideration now, or wait until I have the new LSAT score?
My thought was that if I ask now, and they don't bump the number up, I could still ask again if my LSAT score increases. Thoughts?
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:52 am
- Posts: 1789
- Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm
I would wait for the new score. Wouldn't start negotiating until March anyway.
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 pm
Why is IUB your top choice over two objectively better schools? Are you an Indiana resident?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: beckettbuddy, Bing [Bot] and 14 guests