LSAT reattempts? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jakee2622

New

LSAT reattempts?

Post by jakee2622 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:08 pm

I've tried the LSAT three times already. Couldn't score above a 154 which was my first try. I took a powerscore weekend course which didn't help much in my last try. On LSAC it says you can't try more than 3 times in two years. They say they will make execptions in certain circumstances. If I sit this cycle out and try to apply next year what are the chances of LSAC allowing me to try one more time? If I explain to them that I really just want to take the test for a better score and get admission. I have no other reason to re attempt. I can wait this cycle but waiting two years would be a waste of my time. Anyone been through this?

Winston1984

Gold

Re: LSAT reattempts?

Post by Winston1984 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 pm

jakee2622 wrote:I've tried the LSAT three time already. Couldn't score above a 154 which was my first try. I took a powerscore weekend course which didn't help much in my last try. On LSAC it says you can't try more than 3 times in two years. They say they will make execptions in certain circumstances. If I sit this cycle out and try to apply next year what are the chances of LSAC allowing me to try one more time? If I explain to them that I really just want to take the test for a better score and got admission. I have no other reason to re attempt. I can wait this cycle but waiting two years would be a waste of my time. Anyone been through this?
They almost definitely won't exempt you from the rule for that reason.

trvr

New

Re: LSAT reattempts?

Post by trvr » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure they only have the exception rule for unusual/bizarre situations. On the bright side, if you're dead set on someday going into law, you have an extra two years to study and raise that score!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”