Accepted but with wrong LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rstein888

Accepted but with wrong LSAT?

Postby Rstein888 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 pm

I got an acceptance e-mail from a law school today. I am very excited because both my GPA and LSAT are below their medians. However, I explicitly told them to hold my file until I got my February LSAT score in because I didn't think I would get in with current. What should I do since I want them to use my most-likely higher Feb score for scholarship consideration?

swampman

Re: Accepted but with wrong LSAT?

Postby swampman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:57 pm

... wait until they get your new score, and then try to negotiate a scholarship.

NonTradLawHopeful

Postby NonTradLawHopeful » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 pm

swampman wrote:... wait until they get your new score, and then try to negotiate a scholarship.

Rstein888

Postby Rstein888 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:04 pm

swampman wrote:... wait until they get your new score, and then try to negotiate a scholarship.

That's exactly what I was going to but what if they offer me a lesser scholarship with current score?

monsterman

Postby monsterman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:11 pm

use your noodle dood

swampman

Postby swampman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Rstein888 wrote:

That's exactly what I was going to but what if they offer me a lesser scholarship with current score?

In that case you should wait until they get your new score, and then try to negotiate the scholarship.

theramblingfool

Postby theramblingfool » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:05 pm

swampman wrote:
Rstein888 wrote:

In that case you should wait until they get your new score, and then try to negotiate the scholarship.

I think posters are right on this one. If they offer you a lower scholarship with your current score, wait until you get the new score, and then try to negotiate the scholarship.

HOWEVER. If they don't offer you a scholarship with your current score, I think that you should wait until you get the new score, and then try to negotiate a scholarship.

Admittedly, this is a complex decision tree, but I think you get it.

FairchildFLT

Postby FairchildFLT » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm

I think everyone is overlooking the most reasonable answer. I went -0 on logic games, so obviously my logic here is infallible.

You should wait until the schools receive your higher score, then try to negotiate.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Rstein888 wrote:I got an acceptance e-mail from a law school today. I am very excited because both my GPA and LSAT are below their medians. However, I explicitly told them to hold my file until I got my February LSAT score in because I didn't think I would get in with current. What should I do since I want them to use my most-likely higher Feb score for scholarship consideration?

Happened to me as well. They should reconsider scholly money when the new score comes in (if its higher enough to do so)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”