Employment Opportunities for T2 and Small firm to Large Firm Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shay2171

New

Re: Employment Opportunities for T2 and Small firm to Large Firm

Post by shay2171 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:47 pm

I havent given up on law, but I think that getting a job, working on my LSAT and taking it in Oct, may give me the resources (i.e more scholarship money). What is really one more year of shitty wages compared to 15 years of massive debt that I can't get out from under?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:48 pm

What do you do? When did you graduate? Try to do some computer classes of some sort whether comp sci at a college or just a couple computer classes at community college and get your certifications. I got friends that dropped out of college with criminal backgrounds making 80k in cheap cities like Charlotte.

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:53 pm

I have thought of taking some computer science classes. You know learn some programming, tech skills, but Its pretty much a pain to wade through all the terrible certifications and worthless degrees in the field. Kind of like the law school search.

BTW I have been out of school for three years now, getting only seasonal positions at best. I guess thats what you get living in Idaho

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

shay2171 wrote:I havent given up on law, but I think that getting a job, working on my LSAT and taking it in Oct, may give me the resources (i.e more scholarship money). What is really one more year of shitty wages compared to 15 years of massive debt that I can't get out from under?
This is very, very wise of you OP. Best of luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”