Skip Law School and Become an Entrepreneur

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dabigchina

Re: Skip Law School and Become an Entrepreneur

Postby dabigchina » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:15 am

JazzOne wrote:That chap you all make fun of who runs a profitable Chinese restaurant is in better financial shape than a significant portion of law school grads.

nobody is making fun of chinese restaurants. chinese food is delicious.

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:18 am

JazzOne wrote:That chap you all make fun of who runs a profitable Chinese restaurant is in better financial shape than a significant portion of law school grads.

I dunno, Restaurant business is fucking hard work. Razor thin margins, and insane competition. That is probably not the industry to hold up as an example of success.

Building a profitable chinese joint takes a lot more work than just waking up one day and deciding to open up.

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 am

odds of success in restaurants are low. i'm sure many smart people with worthless college degrees can find a way to make more than the unpaid-30k job their degree will get them. also, those who succeed in the hospitality and restaurant industries are highly respected... i don't get the condescending vibe. a better example would be plumbers - much higher rate of middle class income, much less prestige.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”