Lsac question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ataris

Lsac question

Postby Ataris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Hey good people of TLS,

I wanted to know, when you register for the LSAC, is that like the common application where that information is transferred into your law school application for each school? Or do you apply to law schools separately with a different application each time?

ilikebaseball

Re: Lsac question

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Ataris wrote:Hey good people of TLS,

I wanted to know, when you register for the LSAC, is that like the common application where that information is transferred into your law school application for each school? Or do you apply to law schools separately with a different application each time?

The information in your application is basically exactly the same (some law schools ask for a Why X essay, but for the most part its the same). So, for example, I filled out 10 applications. Once I put in the general information in my 1st app, LSAC saved it for me so I wouldn't have to reenter it 9 more times.

But if you're asking whether one application, the same application, can be sent to every law school, the answer is no

Ataris

Postby Ataris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:10 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:

The information in your application is basically exactly the same (some law schools ask for a Why X essay, but for the most part its the same). So, for example, I filled out 10 applications. Once I put in the general information in my 1st app, LSAC saved it for me so I wouldn't have to reenter it 9 more times.

But if you're asking whether one application, the same application, can be sent to every law school, the answer is no

Thank you for your reply. What about the LSAC registration though, it asks for address and race and other things, I wanted to ask if THIS information is added to your applications, or do you do this again later.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Ataris wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:

Thank you for your reply. What about the LSAC registration though, it asks for address and race and other things, I wanted to ask if THIS information is added to your applications, or do you do this again later.

Usually the apps will ask to specify race and address. Idk if it matters what you have on LSAC

Ataris

Postby Ataris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:21 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
Ataris wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:

Usually the apps will ask to specify race and address. Idk if it matters what you have on LSAC

Okay because the LSAC account registration asks for SSN and other things I was wondering if I needed to put down right now.

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 am

ilikebaseball wrote:

BUT you do have to be careful editing applications - if you realized you made a mistake on your first application, A, but have already finished applications A, B, and C - fixing your mistake on A WILL NOT fix your mistake on B and C - you have to manually change all of them at that point.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”