Update about Fulbright Finalist?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Update about Fulbright Finalist?

Postby packer_22 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:04 pm

I found out yesterday that I was recommended by the U.S. for a Fulbright ETA. Typically, they recommend about 1.5x the number of spots, so I have about a 66% chance of getting it.

My question is: should I update the law schools that I haven't heard from? I'm a KJD with lots of internships but no full time work experience (since I'm in undergrad). I'm a 173/3.85+ and I've heard from one school in MVP and two in DCNG (all yes so far). Should I win the award, I will definitely ask for a deferral. Additionally, I have an interview for a full-ride coming up, should I tell the schools I've already heard from (for scholarship purposes?)

1. Its a prestigious award, one that they can brag about should I win one and defer. So, it should make me more attractive.
2. If they are concerned about my lack of full time work experience, it shows that I might acquire some before matriculating

1. It shows I'm not fully committed to law school (I am, but I'm also interested in taking a gap year).
2. I won't help their class statistics THIS cycle.

What should I do?

Re: Update about Fulbright Finalist?

Postby Rigo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I wouldn't.
Besides, it's presumptive and weird to update schools on something that may or may not happen. At least don't update them before you actually get it, but even then, I wouldn't.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”