BA Final Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theleastdiverse

BA Final Transcript Question

Postby theleastdiverse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 pm

So I'm in my last semester of UG. Graduation is in May. I have to take one class May into June to fulfill my graduation requirements (stupid language requirement) but will still be able to walk at graduation without receiving a diploma. I will then complete the graduation requirements a month later.

However my school only "confers degrees once a year during the spring" and I won't have requirements completed by graduation.

I have been accepted and planning on attending law school this fall. Will this create a problem for me being able to matriculate?

LET'S GET IT

Re: BA Final Transcript Question

Postby LET'S GET IT » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure what "confers" means in this context, but yes, this could create a problem. Most law schools require you to have a final transcript with degree given to them by August 1st or you probably won't be allowed to enroll in classes. I would talk to the department chair of your major at your UG and see if they have any advice on a way to expedite the process. The once a year thing sounds strange, surely an exception can be made if you talk to the right people. Good luck.

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Wait they don't "confer" degrees in December??

antiworldly

Postby antiworldly » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:32 pm

They could also mean that there's only one graduation ceremony per year. Definitely talk to either the head of department or an administrator to get this worked out soon.

Hat.trick

Postby Hat.trick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Yeah that sounds very weird. Maybe there isnt a graduation ceremony at any other time other than spring but find out if you can still get your final transcripts that show that you graduated. it seems silly that they would make you wait 11 months.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”