Reapplication Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lizzielemon

Bronze

Reapplication Question

Post by lizzielemon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 pm

I took the december LSAT and sent in my apps way before the lsat date. However, after PT'ing at least 15 points above my actual score (took over 30 PTs), I'm a little stuck at what to do.

Is it better to just leave the apps for this cycle going or withdraw them?

I probably will end up retaking in June and applying for next cycle early. Does it look bad if you withdraw an app now then reapply next year or does it look worse if you apply and get denied, then reapply next year?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: Reapplication Question

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:19 pm

lizzielemon wrote:I took the december LSAT and sent in my apps way before the lsat date. However, after PT'ing at least 15 points above my actual score (took over 30 PTs), I'm a little stuck at what to do.

Is it better to just leave the apps for this cycle going or withdraw them?

I probably will end up retaking in June and applying for next cycle early. Does it look bad if you withdraw an app now then reapply next year or does it look worse if you apply and get denied, then reapply next year?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I mean, I don't think you'd be hindered by leaving them (if youve already paid) but DEFINITELY defer.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 am

It does not look bad if you politely withdraw and reapply next year. Happens all the time and schools won't hold it against you. Life happens.

pylon

Silver

Post by pylon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:49 pm

lizzielemon wrote:I probably will end up retaking in June and applying for next cycle early. Does it look bad if you withdraw an app now then reapply next year or does it look worse if you apply and get denied, then reapply next year?
Whether you withdraw and reapply or get denied and reapply doesn't matter. Although I do remember reading that if you're a re-applicant and your application remains the same then it can be viewed in a negative light (in OPs case the LSAT means it will be different, but just in general to others who may be reading).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”