LSAC Reporting LSAT Dates Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
keosu11

Bronze

LSAC Reporting LSAT Dates

Post by keosu11 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 pm

I originally took the Sept and Dec tests and submitted all my applications following the December test. All but one of my applications are complete (Cornell is still reviewing materials received). After studying the last few weeks I decided to retake in February in order to hopefully help my scholarship situation for next year, but I do not want schools to hold my application for the results (My scores are high enough to not get dinged, but more than likely be put on waitlist at most T14).

My question is if I register, even though my applications are complete, will LSAC notify the schools of my registering for the exams or will they just notify them when the scores are released?

leslieknope

Silver

Re: LSAC Reporting LSAT Dates

Post by leslieknope » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 pm

I called LSAC and they told me that schools have no way of knowing you're retaking unless you tell them. You have to ask for the hold.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Schools can check and see if you're signed up for any future administrations and some have policies to hold your application until that score comes in.

I don't understand why you're aiming to be waitlisted at T14 rather than have them hold your apps until your February score. Being waitlisted or held doesn't make a difference for you, since neither is an acceptance or rejection. Not being held makes it more likely you'll be outright rejected anyways.

keosu11

Bronze

Post by keosu11 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Dirigo wrote:Schools can check and see if you're signed up for any future administrations and some have policies to hold your application until that score comes in.

I don't understand why you're aiming to be waitlisted at T14 rather than have them hold your apps until your February score. Being waitlisted or held doesn't make a difference for you, since neither is an acceptance or rejection. Not being held makes it more likely you'll be outright rejected anyways.

I guess I wasn't entirely clear about my intentions. There are schools that I have the numbers to get into now and I would rather they not hold off on my application. I have already contacted my reach schools to let them know that I will be retaking. I just wasn't sure if schools that I would already be competitive at would know and hold my application without me contacting them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”