Fee Waivers.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LSATgotrocked

New

Fee Waivers.

Postby LSATgotrocked » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

There were also some schools in the top 10 that I thought I had absolutely no chance of getting into sending me fee waivers? Why?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: Fee Waivers.

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 pm

LSATgotrocked wrote:I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

There were also some schools in the top 10 that I thought I had absolutely no chance of getting into sending me fee waivers? Why?

Fee waivers do not indicate whether you're a good candidate for admission. They spam those to almost everyone.

LSATgotrocked

New

Postby LSATgotrocked » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
LSATgotrocked wrote:I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

Fee waivers do not indicate whether you're a good candidate for admission. They spam those to almost everyone.

Thank you for letting me know.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Schools often send out waivers to people they intend to reject solely to make themselves seem more selective for rankings purposes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�