Letters of Recommendation and Completed Apps

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
maroon175

Letters of Recommendation and Completed Apps

Postby maroon175 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but could anyone tell me if schools will wait until they receive all of your LORs before reviewing/completing your application? Or will they read and complete your application once they see that you have the required amount of LORs?

I'm asking because I have a third LOR coming in that I think will be much stronger than the first and second LORs on file.

Thanks!

leslieknope

Re: Letters of Recommendation and Completed Apps

Postby leslieknope » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Usually they read when they have the required amount of LoRs. What you can do is unassign one of the letters to that app, which would place it on automatic hold until the third letter comes and you assign it.

maroon175

Postby maroon175 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 pm

leslieknope wrote:Usually they read when they have the required amount of LoRs. What you can do is unassign one of the letters to that app, which would place it on automatic hold until the third letter comes and you assign it.

So helpful! Thank you!

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 pm

The earlier you apply, the better. Highly doubt a LOR will make or break you.
How long until this additional letter comes in?

maroon175

Postby maroon175 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Dirigo wrote:The earlier you apply, the better. Highly doubt a LOR will make or break you.

Gotcha, I was told I should expect it by the end of the week. Could be by tomorrow, but more likely by Sunday.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:29 pm

maroon175 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:The earlier you apply, the better. Highly doubt a LOR will make or break you.

Gotcha, I was told I should expect it by the end of the week. Could be by tomorrow, but more likely by Sunday.

I suppose that's reasonable. Don't hesitate to submit anyways if you don't have it by early next week. I've seen so many people who just keep on waiting and waiting for LOR's. Spoiler alert: Godot never comes.

maroon175

Postby maroon175 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Dirigo wrote:I suppose that's reasonable. Don't hesitate to submit anyways if you don't have it by early next week. I've seen so many people who just keep on waiting and waiting for LOR's. Spoiler alert: Godot never comes.

Ha, thanks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”