Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Life2good893
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby Life2good893 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:05 am

I'm curious which schools have a reputation for making fast decisions and which ones tend to take a long time. I know it varies case by case but I've noticed Duke and Georgetown tend to be really fast in making there decisions. I've seen on people's profiles they have sometimes made decisions within a couple of days.

So what's the fastest decision you guys have ever received? And what schools do you think take a long time/short time?

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby Clearly » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 am

Fastest is gonna be UVA. Slowest top school I'd say is Cornell.

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby Username123 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

georgetownhopeful893 wrote:I'm curious which schools have a reputation for making fast decisions and which ones tend to take a long time. I know it varies case by case but I've noticed Duke and Georgetown tend to be really fast in making there decisions. I've seen on people's profiles they have sometimes made decisions within a couple of days.

So what's the fastest decision you guys have ever received? And what schools do you think take a long time/short time?


Miami accepted me 2 days after I submitted.

mindthegap
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:29 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby mindthegap » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

My Georgetown decision came insanely fast. Went complete 11/24 and my decision letter was dated for 12/8. Another school that I applied to had a similar timeline.

I think a lot of the fast Duke decisions that you've seen are the ones that were given Priority Track review.

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby moopness » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:50 am

Fastest for me was NYU. My NYU acceptance came exactly two weeks after going complete, Columbia's acceptance was about a month which was also actually pretty fast and I think Stanford was like two, but I want to say that Chicago was the slowest. I don't remember hearing anything from them, like at all, ever. Pretty sure they either lost my file or the mailman lost my rejection letter.

gjohnson
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby gjohnson » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 pm

I applied to UT Austin on a Saturday and was in via phone call the next Friday. I was shocked at how fast it came.

User avatar
runthetrap1990
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby runthetrap1990 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:27 pm

My decision came in 8 days after applying at Cornell. Especially with all the talk about how slow they were I was floored.

User avatar
lawschool1741
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby lawschool1741 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:28 pm

.
Last edited by lawschool1741 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WichitaShocker
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby WichitaShocker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm

I received an acceptance phone call from Miami less than 16 hours after submitting my app.

User avatar
cc78
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby cc78 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:46 pm

moopness wrote:Fastest for me was NYU. My NYU acceptance came exactly two weeks after going complete, Columbia's acceptance was about a month which was also actually pretty fast and I think Stanford was like two, but I want to say that Chicago was the slowest. I don't remember hearing anything from them, like at all, ever. Pretty sure they either lost my file or the mailman lost my rejection letter.


These must have been the good ol' days, since SLS has been radio silent this cycle (complete early Sept...) :(

User avatar
cc78
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby cc78 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:I received an acceptance phone call from Miami less than 16 hours after submitting my app.


Safe to say The U doesn't play...I applied Friday afternoon and got an acceptance call Monday morning.

nickhalden
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby nickhalden » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Decision mailed one week after completing at T20.
Last edited by nickhalden on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:59 pm

non T-14 went complete Jan 2nd, decision made status Jan 6th, phone call this morning (7th)

indo
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Fastest Admissions Decision Ever Received?

Postby indo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

UVA in 2 days.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests