Already submitted app and retaking in February? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cocotruffles

New

Already submitted app and retaking in February?

Post by cocotruffles » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Hoping someone on TLS can help me figure out what to do here: I submitted my applications to 3 schools in early December and have since decided to register for the February LSAT to hopefully up my chances for scholarship. I haven't gotten decisions yet-should I wait for initial decisions (and possible scholarship offers) and then contact them with my new score when I get it, or should I let them know now that I am retaking? (and potentially may not do any better..)
Thanks in advance!

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Already submitted app and retaking in February?

Post by Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Are you very likely to get into these schools with your current numbers? If not, I wouldn't tell them you're retaking.
If they're reaches, then I would tell them you're retaking and see if they'll hold your application.
They may hold your application regardless of if you tell them you're retaking or not because they can easily check on LSAC to see if you're registered for any future tests.

Also, consider applying to a few more schools that are likely to give you nice scholarships that you can later use for negotiation purposes with your desired schools.

cocotruffles

New

Post by cocotruffles » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks! That's good to know that they'll see it, I didn't know.
1 school I think I'll get a full ride, 1 school I will likely get in and based on recent lsn updates I should get a sizeable scholarship, the other one is a total reach and I will probably be rejected (with my current LSAT).

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am

cocotruffles wrote:Thanks! That's good to know that they'll see it, I didn't know.
1 school I think I'll get a full ride, 1 school I will likely get in and based on recent lsn updates I should get a sizeable scholarship, the other one is a total reach and I will probably be rejected (with my current LSAT).
I would send the reach school an e-mail then & let them know just incase they don't see you're registered for February.

cocotruffles

New

Post by cocotruffles » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 am

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks alot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veronica2015

New

Post by Veronica2015 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:56 am

Dirigo wrote:Are you very likely to get into these schools with your current numbers? If not, I wouldn't tell them you're retaking.
If they're reaches, then I would tell them you're retaking and see if they'll hold your application.
They may hold your application regardless of if you tell them you're retaking or not because they can easily check on LSAC to see if you're registered for any future tests.

Also, consider applying to a few more schools that are likely to give you nice scholarships that you can later use for negotiation purposes with your desired schools.
I have a similar situation. I did not tell my safe schools that I'm retaking in feb, but I'm worring, in case they see it, they will hold my application. I would love to hear from my safe schools earlier than March. Not sure what to do...

cocotruffles

New

Post by cocotruffles » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 am

Same. I guess I'm hoping that since i should be accepted as is, that there's no reason for them to wait for the new LSAT..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”