No Outstanding Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clownbaby1

No Outstanding Transcripts

Postby clownbaby1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:12 pm

I intended to apply 2 years ago to law school but some things came up and I didn't graduate and thus didn't apply in 2013. I did however submit my transcripts from a regional university that I attended in high school and LSU where I ultimately got my degree this Fall. I have now updated my LSU transcript, and my LSAC account says that there are no outstanding transcripts. The issue is that in the Fall of 2013, I attended the aforementioned regional university and took 12 hours that did not apply to my degree at LSU. I did poorly in these classes, and if calculated, will drop my LSDS GPA. Why does LSAC say that there are no outstanding transcripts even though I know that there are? It would be a huge boost if I didn't have to have the updated transcript from regional university included. So I guess I'm asking if it would be possible to not request this transcript and submit my application with my LSU transcripts and the regional transcript from high school while omitting the 2013 Fall transcript from the regional school?

BillsFan9907

Re: No Outstanding Transcripts

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Yes, it is possible and you would probably get away with it provided that the regional grades are not on your transcript. No, you are not allowed to withhold that transcript from LSAC.

The choice is, of course, yours to make.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I just want to make this clear. You 110% should NOT do this. It is strictly against the rules and would have serious repercussions on your ability to practice law if it was ever discovered.

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Seoulless wrote:No, you are not allowed to withhold that transcript from LSAC.

the conversation should end here. it is explicitly against the rules to do this, and if either lsac or the bar learned that you did, you'd be blacklisted for life.

eta: what clearly said.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm

If it were ever discovered, your legal career would be over. They are willing to forgive pretty much anything that you willingly and fully disclose. But dishonesty is often the nail in the coffin.

clownbaby1

Postby clownbaby1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 pm

OK thanks, I'm not trying to deceive LSAC or any schools. I was hoping that since it said that no transcripts were outstanding that my non-degree classes from the regional school were irrelevant. Thanks for the help, I'm not trying to get blacklisted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”