stupid question... will delete post once answered

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theleastdiverse

stupid question... will delete post once answered

Postby theleastdiverse » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:04 pm

So I'm submitting apps now... If i submit the actual application via LSAC, just the schools app... does it also instantly send the schools the CAS report with transcript, LOR, and LSAT?

I ask because I have the schools apps (demographic info, PS, resume, etc) done, but am still waiting on one letter of recommendation to be uploaded to CAS.

THanks

lawschool1741

Re: stupid question... will delete post once answered

Postby lawschool1741 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Yes. You will still need to assign your LORs but all updates are sent automatically and can be reviewed on your LSAC account (reports sent)

theleastdiverse

Postby theleastdiverse » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:14 pm

lawschool1741 wrote:Yes. You will still need to assign your LORs but all updates are sent automatically and can be reviewed on your LSAC account (reports sent)

so they do automatically send when I submit a school app? Therefore, I should wait until my final recommendation is submitted?

lawschool1741

Postby lawschool1741 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Yes they auto-submit (LORs once assigned). As far as if you should submit before LORs are complete, I just posted this in another thread:

'IMO that is up to you. Personally, I sent once complete per requirements and then updated with new LORs as they came in. Not sure if this is true, but I felt it might have helped keep me at top-of-mind as I was accepted very quickly after the update (could be coincidence). On the other hand, I wouldn't necessarily submit to HYS w/o the absolute best (and complete) app possible. Overall, I don't think this is a make-or-break situation (esp if you meet min requirements at submit).'

I would also take into account how long it would be between submit and LOR. Because it's the holidays, it's not like they'll get to your app today either way.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”