Cornell early binding Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trev_k

New

Cornell early binding

Post by trev_k » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi all!
I'm an international student recently got the December LSAT score
I got 166 on lsat and superior on my transcript.
Do you see any chance of me getting consideration or even an acceptance from Cornell if i apply now for its early binding?

Moreover, which schools would you recommend me to put in considerations for the regular round?
No one that i can consult with around me, so i post here to get your advice! Help! :)

TheodoreKGB

Bronze

Re: Cornell early binding

Post by TheodoreKGB » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm

TheodoreKGB wrote:I think you've got a shot through Cornell's ED. LSAT scores are way down in the upper strata. If money is a concern (like for 98% of us), then be aware that you'll most likely pay full-price. Cornell is one of the most expensive schools at close to $60K/year, plus the highly likely increases over the ensuing years.
+1. Honestly, apply regular. You probably have a slightly higher chance of getting in ED over RD, but at least you don't necessarily put yourself in a negotiation bind for $. Evidently, I would probably retake to see if you get that LSAT score a little higher. A couple more points and you're sitting in a better position.

trev_k

New

Post by trev_k » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:26 pm

runthetrap1990 wrote:
TheodoreKGB wrote:I think you've got a shot through Cornell's ED. LSAT scores are way down in the upper strata. If money is a concern (like for 98% of us), then be aware that you'll most likely pay full-price. Cornell is one of the most expensive schools at close to $60K/year, plus the highly likely increases over the ensuing years.
+1. Honestly, apply regular. You probably have a slightly higher chance of getting in ED over RD, but at least you don't necessarily put yourself in a negotiation bind for $. Evidently, I would probably retake to see if you get that LSAT score a little higher. A couple more points and you're sitting in a better position.

Thanks for your sincere advice! runthetrap1990 and TheodoreKGB!

Money is also my concern as well, but getting in is more important to me...
I have a project participating in university now, so i am not available to retake on Feb..
BTW, do you think that i can still have a chance to earn acceptance and even scholarship in a regular round? Because I cannot see any good chance of scholarship from Cornell regardless of my such pessimistic view...

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:03 pm

If you're concerned about money, you need to retake.
Don't ED Cornell.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:11 am

Going to any school at sticker price seems like maybe not the best idea ever, but going at sticker price as an international student that can't get federal loans is definitely much worse. You must retake the LSAT, or else be prepared to attend a lower ranked school on a large scholarship. Taking out sticker cost in private loans is absolute insanity.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:24 am

OP - does your government provide scholarships? I know that when I was in Singapore, quite a few of my friends had studied in the USA at the governments expense. I looked into it and you'd be surprised at how many countries provide some level of assistance for their students to obtain degrees in the USA.

If you're set on Cornell and your government is footing a lot of the bill, ED is not an entirely terrible decision.

trev_k

New

Post by trev_k » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:57 am

Dirigo wrote:If you're concerned about money, you need to retake.
Don't ED Cornell.
twenty wrote:Going to any school at sticker price seems like maybe not the best idea ever, but going at sticker price as an international student that can't get federal loans is definitely much worse. You must retake the LSAT, or else be prepared to attend a lower ranked school on a large scholarship. Taking out sticker cost in private loans is absolute insanity.
So I can be sure that there would be no chance for me to be in Cornell without sticker price... :( Thank you all for advice!!
Seoulless wrote:OP - does your government provide scholarships? I know that when I was in Singapore, quite a few of my friends had studied in the USA at the governments expense. I looked into it and you'd be surprised at how many countries provide some level of assistance for their students to obtain degrees in the USA.

If you're set on Cornell and your government is footing a lot of the bill, ED is not an entirely terrible decision.
I know that there are some scholarships options that i can have, though it is not from government. I will keep looking up for the chances! Thank you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”