Law School Applications - Work History?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rizz191

Law School Applications - Work History?

Postby rizz191 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:47 pm

On Law School Applications that ask for your work history; what history is necessary? I've had many jobs throughout my undergrad and I don't know if I should include them all. I only have relevant work history on my law school resume not jobs at restaurants/retail and what not. Should they match? Can you not include some jobs? Let me know.

Also, I was terminated from a job when I was 18 should I include that or should I not disclose the job? Was only there for a month or so. Thanks.

mindthegap

Re: Law School Applications - Work History?

Postby mindthegap » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm

I included everything that I did while I was enrolled in undergrad because I'm personally proud of the fact that I worked 20+ hours a week while also interning and taking 20 units some terms. I felt that leaving that information out would've given an incomplete picture of what I did during college. My uploaded resume, on the other hand, is more carefully tailored to highlight my professional/internship experiences. I noted my college jobs with short descriptions but that was more for consistency than anything.

However, I've heard that there's no need to include a job on your resume if you worked there for less than three months so I'd probably leave off the job that you were fired from.

BillsFan9907

Re: Law School Applications - Work History?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:04 am

I was in a pretty similar position to you. I kept most of the stuff in - including retail etc...

Truth be told my idea going in was just put everything then delete. Then I just got too lazy to delete.

In retrospect, I probably would have been better off with being a little more organized.

I don't think anyone will care if you shaved off a few irrelevant jobs you had at 18.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”