disastrous semesters !!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Klopatra

disastrous semesters !!!

Postby Klopatra » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in the middle of my applications preparation. I had a proper look at my L.L.B transcript today and I got many worries :shock:
Despite of having a 4 GPA and a very good performance in my last four semesters at school, but my 2nd, 3rd and 4th semesters are disasters. There are some withdraws, two failed, and some horrible grades in few of the courses :D

Beside all, I took one year off in total from the school due to my kidney sickness.
All have been beautifulllllly mentioned there by the school registry office :x

Do you guys think they are going to affect my admission?

* P.s, My overall Resume is quite good regarding work experiences and honors.

Thanks guys,

postard

Re: disastrous semesters !!!

Postby postard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Overall GPA?

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:56 pm

I started my university studies in a commonwealth country in pursuit of an LL.B. Ultimately, I transferred to a US school. My new institution converted my grades to the 4.0 grading system. As a result, they were included in my LSAC GPA.

I am of the understanding that LSAC itself does not convert foreign transcripts. If that's the case, the one thing you might have going for you is that your GPA will not be officially factored into their statistics.

What you have working against you is that it's obvious that they will judge you as best as possible according to the same metric that all students are judged in terms of academic qualifications.

Where do you stand now in terms of grades?

Klopatra

Postby Klopatra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:21 am

My overall GPA is 4 :)

Klopatra

Postby Klopatra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 am

If I am not misunderstood your words, then you mean I will be evaluated not on the every single of my course studies but over a complex of my academic qualification :)
Well, in this case it is better for me, as I have good grades in my last 4 semesters as well as quite well resume to support my efforts :D

Thanks buddy :)

Seoulless wrote:I started my university studies in a commonwealth country in pursuit of an LL.B. Ultimately, I transferred to a US school. My new institution converted my grades to the 4.0 grading system. As a result, they were included in my LSAC GPA.

I am of the understanding that LSAC itself does not convert foreign transcripts. If that's the case, the one thing you might have going for you is that your GPA will not be officially factored into their statistics.

What you have working against you is that it's obvious that they will judge you as best as possible according to the same metric that all students are judged in terms of academic qualifications.

Where do you stand now in terms of grades?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”