Addendum??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LDC423

Addendum??

Postby LDC423 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi, I have been getting mixed information on addendums? Some say its best not to write one, and some say err on the side of explaining anything that will make the admissions officer wonder.
In my case:

I chose to be a part time student last semester senior year and use the extra time and money to travel around. My grades dropped VERY slightly. I don't want the admissions officer to think I got lazy senior year, but on the other hand it might not be a big deal?

What should I do?

Winston1984

Re: Addendum??

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 pm

LDC423 wrote:Hi, I have been getting mixed information on addendums? Some say its best not to write one, and some say err on the side of explaining anything that will make the admissions officer wonder.
In my case:

I chose to be a part time student last semester senior year and use the extra time and money to travel around. My grades dropped VERY slightly. I don't want the admissions officer to think I got lazy senior year, but on the other hand it might not be a big deal?

What should I do?

Definitely do not. That would make you look crazy.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Why would it make him look crazy? It's obviously going to raise questions that he went from fulltime to part time, no? Obviously - discussing the slight drop in grades would be looked upon unfavorably.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Seoulless wrote:Why would it make him look crazy? It's obviously going to raise questions that he went from fulltime to part time, no? Obviously - discussing the slight drop in grades would be looked upon unfavorably.

Pretty sure you are trolling, but I'll answer since OP will look at it. Why is that weird to go part-time as a senior? Many people don't need many classes at that point. Pretty sure that would speak for itself.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm

"Hey so I wanted to be a free spirit and take road trips senior year. Obviously I was distracted so my grades dropped a bit. Xoxo"
No.
Being a part time student in your final semester is fairly common, because a lot of people only need to take one more class or something to graduate.
An addendum is not advisable.

pcph

Postby pcph » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”