Open Letter to Kansas Law Dean

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SPerez

Re: Open Letter to Kansas Law Dean

Postby SPerez » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:I haven't seen anyone panning Dean Perez on here from Texas Tech, pretty much everybody likes him.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Another interesting thread. Cool that a LS staff person would come here to answer questions. I would expect it to be marketing, and I would think they would hope for softball questions. This is however a forum my wife and I are reading to catch up on all the threads because it isn't softball. I want the bleak reality and complaints and gripes. I know people who get everything and are happy probably aren't going to be active here, so you table the negative with some sweet.

I do like that quoting the numbers and the sources. That is a great benefit of the harsh reality here. It is backed up with a not 100% accurate, but a sample size of numbers. Enough that fake and oddball outliers can be spotted rather quickly.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:26 am

ratfukr wrote:Still, it would suck if your efforts thus far and preference for PMs over posts left the most cynical here to shade in your picture as one of a sociopath who scams and sabotages applicants because, respectively, you didn't wait for mods to clean up in the way they thought best before you gave up on the whole thing, and didn't think about the possibility that an intelligent and sometimes even clever applicant might become popular for posting Elliot Rodger-tier content about tits and beer and lifting weights before you forwarded his e-mails about ripping out eyeballs and setting large fires as a result of sports outcomes under a mistaken idea of other local schools' idea of "fit" or your futile hopes for the makeup of your graduates' opposing counsel.

Jesus Christ, this is 1 sentence. You and that Businesslady person need to work on sentence structure, your excessively long-winded posts are tiring to read. Brevity is a virtue, folks.

I'm also about 70% sure you're using "discursive" wrong. Although that's exactly the word I'd use to describe the OP.

No comment on the actual content, it doesn't concern me.

utahraptor

Postby utahraptor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:56 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:werds

snatch his weave! do it now!

ratfukr

Postby ratfukr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:You and that Businesslady person need to work on sentence structure, your excessively long-winded posts are tiring to read.

1. Use a semicolon, dipshit. 2. "[E]xcessively long-winded" is redundant and meta, especially for someone who thinks brevity is a virtue.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Trust me, "excessively" was necessary. Are we about to internet-rage throw down?

I'd rather eat broken glass than bother reading your inane drivel, you brain damaged cumrag. If posts could give cancer, you should be convicted of genocide.

Your turn.

ETA -

fitemeirl
DYELbro
umadbro

utahraptor

Postby utahraptor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I didn't think she gave you that much rope, but boy did you prove her wrong!

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 pm

utahraptor wrote:I didn't think she gave you that much rope, but boy did you prove her wrong!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

mmelittlechicken

Postby mmelittlechicken » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Seems proportionate.

ratfukr

Postby ratfukr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Maybe you should have concerned yourself more with the substance of the post you quoted.

utahraptor

Postby utahraptor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:32 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
utahraptor wrote:I didn't think she gave you that much rope, but boy did you prove her wrong!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

What's this you've said to me, my good friend? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and Ive been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.

EquallyWrong

Postby EquallyWrong » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm sensing some anger, but beneath that a torturous inadequacy. I think, though, you'd be better served if you made attempts to understand people or ideas that threaten or intimidate you, maybe even coming to enter into some kind of enriching dialogue with them, rather than making lame attempts to contain them followed by horrendously unfunny death threats.

chup

Postby chup » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:37 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:

utahraptor

Postby utahraptor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:39 pm

i don't get the gif chup

I'm mainly disappointed he went with that version of the copypasta.

notgreat

Postby notgreat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too much COD, bro.

ratfukr

Postby ratfukr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:44 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:I'm sensing some anger, but beneath that a torturous inadequacy. I think, though, you'd be better served if you made attempts to understand people or ideas that threaten or intimidate you, maybe even coming to enter into some kind of enriching dialogue with them, rather than making lame attempts to contain them followed by horrendously unfunny death threats.

There is another thread in part about how building law school classes of /b/-damaged beta males with good LSAT scores is socially counterproductive. There is an irony in that there probably needs to be a shorter version of "Have fun in reading large blocks of dense text and figuring out what's going on school!" There is probably also a perverse symmetry of the failure of deriving even functional truths about justice adversarially with this kind of lazy entropy (e: I think the shorthand is "Oh, what a profession"). Not with a bang but a whimper, et cetera.
Last edited by ratfukr on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utahraptor

Postby utahraptor » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm

ratfukr wrote:/b/-damaged beta males with goodmediocre LSAT scores

This is going to be how I describe xo now. Thank you.

EquallyWrong

Postby EquallyWrong » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm not going to sit here and act like damaged beta male with good LSAT score isn't the genus I belong to, but I appreciate the work being done out on the on-topic frontier to, at the very least, stimulate some reflective discomfort.

ItWasAMemeGuys

Postby ItWasAMemeGuys » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:04 pm

utahraptor wrote:i don't get the gif chup

The only way to go is the original version. So many jimmies rustled over an internet meme. I was just trying to be cool, since everybody else was also being an abrasive asshole :lol:

Although I have to admit, I got it from reddit. I'm not quite cool enough to be Anon.

I'm happy that ratfukr took my advice to heart though. That was substantially more comfortable to read. But maybe don't start every sentence with "There is".

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Dude, just no.

ratfukr

Postby ratfukr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:07 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Trust me, "excessively" was necessary. Are we about to internet-rage throw down?

I'd rather eat broken glass than bother reading your inane drivel, you brain damaged cumrag. If posts could give cancer, you should be convicted of genocide.

Your turn.

ETA -

fitemeirl
DYELbro
umadbro

I can spell this out a little more clearly, if it helps, but you may prefer to eat glass. Either way works.

You quoted a portion of my post that addressed concerns here that it was out of line for an admissions dean to tank a career by forwarding a strange and graphic e-mail about preferring bloody self-harm to further engaging with the author of a nominally targeted message written for mass consumption. I still think professionalism is flame, but I don't necessarily think that screening for supreme gentlemen in an admissions process for praxis/judgment school is a social ill.

(Edited to take out biographical data provided by poster readily available to registered users by clicking Image)

You said the substance doesn't concern you. The mods are free to make their own determination on that by editing this post if they choose.
Last edited by ratfukr on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chup

Postby chup » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Oh it's a meme. Well it's a dumb meme and it was poorly deployed in an inappropriate location and from your "cumrag" post I'd say you have beta dweeb anger issues, soooo I guess see you in a week instead of never.

ratfukr

Postby ratfukr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:27 pm

To be fair, I recall calling the poster clay7676 "a wet sock of cum," also in the context of genocide. I find it much more offensive not to be willing to read long sentences on a board that discusses admission to fucking law school.

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

ItWasAMemeGuys wrote:
utahraptor wrote:i don't get the gif chup

The only way to go is the original version. So many jimmies rustled over an internet meme. I was just trying to be cool, since everybody else was also being an abrasive asshole :lol:

Although I have to admit, I got it from reddit. I'm not quite cool enough to be Anon.

I'm happy that ratfukr took my advice to heart though. That was substantially more comfortable to read. But maybe don't start every sentence with "There is".

truth: told

bretby

Postby bretby » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:21 am

utahraptor wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:

What's this you've said to me, my good friend? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and Ive been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.

I love you, utahraptor. This response made my morning.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”