a good decision do the ED Expedited process at uva?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cavalier2015

a good decision do the ED Expedited process at uva?

Postby cavalier2015 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:41 pm

i am instate and below the 25th GPA and i'm waiting on my december retake score. say i score slightly below the 25th (i.e: 164-165) or between the 25-50th, would applying ED expedited be advantageous in gaining admission? i know a LOT more factors play into account but from a numbers perspective, what do y'all think?

Rigo

Re: a good decision do the ED Expedited process at uva?

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:51 pm

ED at UVA is advantageous.
Source: http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/early- ... bump-real/

Is it a good idea? It depends on how you will be paying for law school. For the vast majority of people (non-GI Bill and not rich af parents willing to foot the bill), I wouldn't recommend applying ED because you're basically locked into paying sticker. That's wayyyyyyy too much debt.

Raise that GPA as much as possible and retake (again) if necessary. Don't be afraid to sit out the cycle, as well. It could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars simply to wait a year.

cavalier2015

Postby cavalier2015 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:56 pm

i've got a semester of college left so I am not sure how much I can raise it haha. but i'll keep the advice in mind and thanks for the link. as for debt, i am fortunate to have parents that will be able to support me financially with the tuition (amen)

do you, or anyone, happen to know if I can submit my application now and AFTER getting my december score can I ask to be moved to the expedited ED pile? or does this decision need to be made before hand?

(this is what happens when i am paranoid about my december score. i live in this hypothetical world haha)

EDIT: now im thinking about Georgetown ED???

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:01 pm

cavalier2015 wrote:as for debt, i am fortunate to have parents that will be able to support me financially with the tuition (amen)

Well lucky you.
cavalier2015 wrote:EDIT: now im thinking about Georgetown ED???

Then you obviously don't know how to interpret data & suffered a major RC fail.

cavalier2015

Postby cavalier2015 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:03 pm

hahah you're right, i only looked at the 676% ED boost for Georgetown and didn't read it was for splitters.

hope this RC fail is not indicative of my december score..(please god)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”