Is Mid- to Late-January too Late?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iluvboppers

Is Mid- to Late-January too Late?

Postby iluvboppers » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:32 pm

3.43 GPA from a state university w/ substantial work experience. Still waiting for the December LSAT scores but have an average of 175+ on LSAT prep-tests. I want to go to a T-14.

I was planning on submitting all my apps. right after the December score release, but my CAS report won't be complete until mid-January because transcripts from community college courses I took in hs won't get sent to LSAC until the 2nd.

Do I still have a chance this cycle or will I be forced to wait a year?

Thanks for any help!

Rigo

Re: Is Mid- to Late-January too Late?

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Get ready to hit submit ASAP, but you should be alright.
MLK Jr. Day (January 19, 2015) is the arbitrary cutoff between on-time and late that has been thrown around. Apps are significantly down this year (especially among high scorers) so you should be alright.

If your score falls short of expectations, don't hesitate to retake and/or sit out the cycle.

iluvboppers

Re: Is Mid- to Late-January too Late?

Postby iluvboppers » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Dirigo wrote:Get ready to hit submit ASAP, but you should be alright.
MLK Jr. Day (January 19, 2015) is the arbitrary cutoff between on-time and late that has been thrown around. Apps are significantly down this year (especially among high scorers) so you should be alright.

If your score falls short of expectations, don't hesitate to retake and/or sit out the cycle.

Thank you!!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”