depression and voluntary withdrawal? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
red95

New

depression and voluntary withdrawal?

Post by red95 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:50 pm

I've seen various advice regarding depression, mostly that it's better not to mention it and risk raising unnecessary alarm bells if you've long since recovered from it.

I withdrew for a semester to deal with depression during UG (it was voluntary though). I'm not sure how much detail I will need to provide when I talk about the interruption in studies? Is it ok to just refer to it as a medical issue that I've recovered from? Or do they ask to see records whenever they see a withdrawal?

Has anyone else had to withdraw for one reason or another during UG? Did the law schools ask for any records about it when you applied?

PhilippeStandingOnIt

New

Re: depression and voluntary withdrawal?

Post by PhilippeStandingOnIt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:20 pm

red95 wrote:I've seen various advice regarding depression, mostly that it's better not to mention it and risk raising unnecessary alarm bells if you've long since recovered from it.

I withdrew for a semester to deal with depression during UG (it was voluntary though). I'm not sure how much detail I will need to provide when I talk about the interruption in studies? Is it ok to just refer to it as a medical issue that I've recovered from? Or do they ask to see records whenever they see a withdrawal?

Has anyone else had to withdraw for one reason or another during UG? Did the law schools ask for any records about it when you applied?
PM sent.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”