Question regarding holding applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tfarunner

Question regarding holding applications

Postby tfarunner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:42 pm

I am sure there is probably a thread out here somewhere already, but I cannot seem to find it. Where specifically on applications can you indicate that you are taking a future LSAT? I haven't seen the place to indicate this on the apps I have filled out thus far.

Thanks!

hillz

Re: Question regarding holding applications

Postby hillz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Should be under the testing section. It asks you to enter past test dates & scores and then you can enter in the next date you plan to take and leave the score part blank.

Iwanttolawschool

Postby Iwanttolawschool » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:25 pm

On this topic,

Do you think it's a smart move to email schools which my LSAT is currently below their median to indicate I plan on taking a future LSAT?
I originally put that I was not going to, because I wanted to be reviewed. Now after getting a few acceptances, I think I should email my reaches, thoughts?

beef26

Postby beef26 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:44 am

hillz wrote:Should be under the testing section. It asks you to enter past test dates & scores and then you can enter in the next date you plan to take and leave the score part blank.

This is what I did as well, although some applications (NYU, UVA, HLS come to mind) do not have a section for inputting scores. I wrote an e-mail to the admissions office to hold my app for review until the score is released. Don't know if that's what you want to do, but if you would like them to hold off until the score is released you can do the same.

c28

Postby c28 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:46 pm

I applied to all of my schools after my June take and indicated I would be retesting in Dec. All my applications we being held until they receive my Dec score (fine by me).

BC was holding my application but, for some reason, decided to go ahead and admit me without the second score.

How much earlier (if at all) do the schools that you've already applied to receive your updated test score? Any idea how long it takes schools to release decisions once they receive your LSAT score? Just trying to determine when I might start hearing back.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”