scholarship negotiation need help please.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RCSOB657

scholarship negotiation need help please.

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:38 pm

So let's say I have a scholarship offer from university that has a stipulation of 3.0 or above for renewal. Total of about 85% of tuition. How does one or even can one negotiate that scholarship( stips not amount), if for all intents and purposes my scores are below the minimum requirements for that scholarship as listed on fastweb?

On a related note, I have three schools with roughly the same aid percentages. I have reasons to want to attend every school I applied to. How should I approach this. Decide what exact school I want to go to first and then negotiate(if so how), or negotiate first to allow that to be the deciding factor?

Rigo

Re: scholarship negotiation need help please.

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:45 pm

This thread is helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=236399#p8030109

Negotiate with all the schools and play them against each other.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Wait a bit, got that. I'll be checking that thread again. I guess I was mainly asking that first question, if it was even ethical or feasible to ask because it was given to someone out of standards.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Wait a bit, got that. I'll be checking that thread again. I guess I was mainly asking that first question, if it was even ethical or feasible to ask because it was given to someone out of standards.

Yes it's ethical. Yes it's feasible. They wouldn't have given you any money if they didn't want you to matriculate. Schools are desperate to fill their classes and I bet they're super worried with declining apps. Definitely negotiate.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”