How to continue LSAT studying after taking every LSAT ever? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Life2good893

Bronze

How to continue LSAT studying after taking every LSAT ever?

Post by Life2good893 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 am

Yes, under timed conditions. I've done every LSAT except the first prep test book released but I feel that it's outdated.

I screwed up on the Dec LSAT and blanked. Before that scoring consistently in the low 170s. So I need to take it again. How do I keep my mind in LSAT mode after taking all the tests?

Would anyone recommend a company (Kaplan, Princeton Review) that creates its own versions of the tests......

gentlemanscholar

Bronze

Re: How to continue LSAT studying after taking every LSAT ever?

Post by gentlemanscholar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 am

After I finished all of the tests I just started retaking them to stay fresh

sims1

Bronze

Post by sims1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 am

georgetownhopeful893 wrote:Yes, under timed conditions. I've done every LSAT except the first prep test book released but I feel that it's outdated.

I screwed up on the Dec LSAT and blanked. Before that scoring consistently in the low 170s. So I need to take it again. How do I keep my mind in LSAT mode after taking all the tests?

Would anyone recommend a company (Kaplan, Princeton Review) that creates its own versions of the tests......
I retook them from like 2007 onwards once I finished them all. You won't really remember much, especially if it was months ago.

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:20 am

The consensus is that you shouldn't both with third-party tests. More likely, they'll throw off your game. Just re-do old ones, but aim for 175+ every time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:49 am

I just want to drop in and say that I have never seen these and this is so cool! (I'm such a loser :( )

gatesome

Bronze

Post by gatesome » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:23 pm

the Indian LSAT is meant to be SAT-tier difficulty. (i.e. significantly easier)

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:50 pm

just take the same tests again. the taking the exam itself isnt the important part. rather reviewing the answers you provided and understanding why they are right or wrong is what is important. can easily do that with PTs youve already taken

laurazee

New

Post by laurazee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Keep taking the recent tests, and pay no attention to your final score. I took the last 30 tests three times each, in addition to taking all of the other ones once each. I was getting 180s regularly but of course that meant nothing. If you are worried about your mental stamina, start taking 6 section tests. At this point you know it's not going to predict your score accurately, but it's just as valuable in terms of sheer drilling with the questions. You want to train your intuition so that answers become automatic.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

peger

Bronze

Post by peger » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:18 pm

laurazee wrote:Keep taking the recent tests, and pay no attention to your final score. I took the last 30 tests three times each, in addition to taking all of the other ones once each. I was getting 180s regularly but of course that meant nothing. If you are worried about your mental stamina, start taking 6 section tests. At this point you know it's not going to predict your score accurately, but it's just as valuable in terms of sheer drilling with the questions. You want to train your intuition so that answers become automatic.
Damn. Guess I'm an underachiever.

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Take them again, then take them again after that if need be. I've taken every PT from 36 onward three times.

altf4

Bronze

Post by altf4 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 am

This should probably be in the LSAT Prep Discussion Forum, by the way.

I may not be as hard-core as some of the above respondents, but I've done my share of re-taking PTs. What I ended up doing was just retaking everything again from around PT40 on. Not surprisingly, you remember a lot of the passages, you remember where you made your marks and checks and whatnot, and you may even remember that you got a particular problem wrong. But pay no heed; if you remember that you got a particular problem wrong the last time, tell your brain the exact process it should take in order to get it right this time. Your per-section speed will naturally increase (I was doing 25-27 minute LR sections, getting about 1-3 wrong on average) so let your mind take its time on the difficult questions. I let myself take 2-3 minutes on difficult questions (under timed conditions) and told myself exactly why wrong answer choices were wrong.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:19 am

...take them again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”