Couple Quick Questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dustybottoms7

Couple Quick Questions

Postby dustybottoms7 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:17 pm

A. I have a September LSAT but retook in December. I plan on sending in some apps before the December scores are released in January. I know that it should show that I have taken the December test, but is it worth indicating this somewhere else in my app for the off chance that they don't notice this? And if so, where in my apps?

B. Would it be bad idea to include study abroad/ exchange programs among other things in a Why X essay?

Thanks!

Kratos

Re: Couple Quick Questions

Postby Kratos » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:31 pm

I kinda think focusing on exchange programs for why you want to be somewhere is probably a weird thing to focus on. "Hey I love X so much, especially since you offer the opportunity for me to not study there!" A lot of other shit you could write about, imo.

dustybottoms7

Postby dustybottoms7 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Kratos wrote:I kinda think focusing on exchange programs for why you want to be somewhere is probably a weird thing to focus on. "Hey I love X so much, especially since you offer the opportunity for me to not study there!" A lot of other shit you could write about, imo.

yeah I see your point, but at the same time they offer these programs for a reason. Anyone else have advice about this topic or about including something regarding the December LSAT score?

pylon

Postby pylon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:40 am

I don't think it's a bad idea to include study abroad or exchange programs in a Why X essay, however they definitely shouldn't be the main focus.

Meow Meowsworth

Postby Meow Meowsworth » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:38 am

pylon wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea to include study abroad or exchange programs in a Why X essay, however they definitely shouldn't be the main focus.

TITCR. I don't think you need to write an addendum regarding your December LSAT. They should see that you have an LSAT score that hasn't been released yet, and even if they don't, the week or so around Christmas and New Years doesn't tend to be particularly active admissions-wise (at least in my experience).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”