urget question regarding rec letters

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
annesherry123

urget question regarding rec letters

Postby annesherry123 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi all,
I was reading through application instructions, and for Columbia, it said that "For applicants currently working on a full-time basis, a letter from an employer or immediate supervisor who most recently supervised your full-time work is required and may replace one of the two faculty letters. "
I worked full-time for a year after graduation, and I stopped working this summer to fully focus on law school application. I was planning on having all of my letters written by my college professors. Now I am freaking out. Please help! Do I absolutely have to include a letter from my supervisors at work? I don't think I would get a very strong letter from them.

Thanks so much! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dr. Nefario

Re: urget question regarding rec letters

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:22 pm

annesherry123 wrote:Hi all,
I was reading through application instructions, and for Columbia, it said that "For applicants currently working on a full-time basis, a letter from an employer or immediate supervisor who most recently supervised your full-time work is required and may replace one of the two faculty letters. "
I worked full-time for a year after graduation, and I stopped working this summer to fully focus on law school application. I was planning on having all of my letters written by my college professors. Now I am freaking out. Please help! Do I absolutely have to include a letter from my supervisors at work? I don't think I would get a very strong letter from them.

I'm not 100% sure, but based on that quote, I wouldn't think you need a letter from an employer since you stopped working and, therefore, are not "currently working on a full-time basis."

I could be wrong, but that would be my best guess.

annesherry123

Postby annesherry123 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:42 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
annesherry123 wrote:Hi all,

I'm not 100% sure, but based on that quote, I wouldn't think you need a letter from an employer since you stopped working and, therefore, are not "currently working on a full-time basis."

I could be wrong, but that would be my best guess.

Thanks so much ! I guess I will also email the admin office to be sure.

haus

Postby haus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:34 pm

annesherry123 wrote: I worked full-time for a year after graduation, and I stopped working this summer to fully focus on law school application.

Wait.

You quit your job half a year ago to work on applications? Have you really found them that complicated?

annesherry123

Postby annesherry123 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 pm

haus wrote:
annesherry123 wrote: I worked full-time for a year after graduation, and I stopped working this summer to fully focus on law school application.

Wait.

You quit your job half a year ago to work on applications? Have you really found them that complicated?

LOL No I took time off to study for LSAT. I just started my applications.

smile0751

Postby smile0751 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:42 am

Hmmm I didn't see that for Columbia. Woops.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”