Heading for PS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Broncos847

Heading for PS?

Postby Broncos847 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Hey just a quick question,

What heading should I put on my personal statement? I'm assuming name and LSAC account #, anything else? Also does this count towards the page limit? I'm right up against it without a heading and I've already trimmed quite a bit.

rustyburger2

Re: Heading for PS?

Postby rustyburger2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah I'm actually interested to hear answers to this too. I just put the title "Personal Statement" and that's it.

Looking back, I should have put my name and LSAC number, I just assumed that it would be redundant given that they were with my application. Am I screwed?

hillz

Postby hillz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I think it's best to add a header to each attachment that you add to your application and it does NOT count towards the word limit. It's up at the top of the page so it won't even interfere with your spacing and pages and all of that. It's good to put one because if your personal statement pages were to fall out of your app folder, you want to make it as easy on the Ad Comms as possible.

For my personal statement, I put:

Name
LSAC#
Personal Statement

For additional essays, I put:

Name
LSAC#
Supplementary Essay for X Law School

hillz

Postby hillz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:37 pm

rustyburger2 wrote:Yeah I'm actually interested to hear answers to this too. I just put the title "Personal Statement" and that's it.

Looking back, I should have put my name and LSAC number, I just assumed that it would be redundant given that they were with my application. Am I screwed?

Not screwed. It's just good practice in the case of an unlikely event like all of the folders spilling onto the floor and pages getting shuffled around.

pcph

Postby pcph » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Last edited by pcph on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ku546

Postby ku546 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:46 pm

As others mentioned, in MS Word just put your:
Name
LSAC #

Then I put "Personal Statement" as title in top center of page. It's good practice to always use PS or Supplementary Essay as title and not something else.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”