Gave Bad Info to 5 Different Schools!!! Please Help.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LamBam89

Gave Bad Info to 5 Different Schools!!! Please Help.

Postby LamBam89 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:40 pm

I submitted 5 applications last week with the wrong attendance dates for an additional institution I attended.

Thank you for reading my post! I'll give you the long version now and a tl;dr version at the end:
Last week I finally submitted applications to 5 law schools I am very interested in attending. After submitting one of the applications, I was contacted by an admissions official who asked me to write an addendum addressing why I was placed on academic probation by an institution other than the one that granted me my degree.

I was unaware that I had been placed on academic probation until she email me, because I took the course that placed me on academic probation 8 years ago, while i was still in high school. I retook the same course, with the same professor during the summer of 2011 and received an A, and I have written an addendum to submit to the five schools to which i have applied explaining the situation. But...

In the process of researching my academic probation from 8 years ago, I found that I submitted the incorrect attendance dates for that institution. On the applications I wrote that I attended school in summer of 2010, instead of summer of 2011. This was a stupid mistake. Now, I hope you might be able to help me decide whether I should or should not bring it up when I submit my addendum to the 5 schools to which I have submitted applications.

Thank you for your help! Big fan of these forums and this community.

tl;dr: After looking back over an old transcript, I have suddenly realized that I accidentally told 5 schools that I attended summer courses at a community college one year earlier than I actually did. Should I let them know?

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

Re: Gave Bad Info to 5 Different Schools!!! Please Help.

Postby Desert Fox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:44 pm

LamBam89 wrote:I submitted 5 applications last week with the wrong attendance dates for an additional institution I attended.

Thank you for reading my post! I'll give you the long version now and a tl;dr version at the end:
Last week I finally submitted applications to 5 law schools I am very interested in attending. After submitting one of the applications, I was contacted by an admissions official who asked me to write an addendum addressing why I was placed on academic probation by an institution other than the one that granted me my degree.

I was unaware that I had been placed on academic probation until she email me, because I took the course that placed me on academic probation 8 years ago, while i was still in high school. I retook the same course, with the same professor during the summer of 2011 and received an A, and I have written an addendum to submit to the five schools to which i have applied explaining the situation. But...

In the process of researching my academic probation from 8 years ago, I found that I submitted the incorrect attendance dates for that institution. On the applications I wrote that I attended school in summer of 2010, instead of summer of 2011. This was a stupid mistake. Now, I hope you might be able to help me decide whether I should or should not bring it up when I submit my addendum to the 5 schools to which I have submitted applications.

Thank you for your help! Big fan of these forums and this community.

tl;dr: After looking back over an old transcript, I have suddenly realized that I accidentally told 5 schools that I attended summer courses at a community college one year earlier than I actually did. Should I let them know?

bring it up. no biggie

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Easy fix. Send an addendum explaining the mistake, ask to have your file updated. Shouldn't be any harm.

LamBam89

Postby LamBam89 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 pm

You guys are the best, thanks for the advice!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”