Problem with LSAC transcript and study abroad grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
leslieknope

Problem with LSAC transcript and study abroad grades

Postby leslieknope » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 am

So! I studied abroad in the Spring of 2014 (my last semester of undergrad). While there I took classes at the foreign university, but my home university sponsored my classes and the classes I took abroad appear on my undergrad transcript exactly the same way as other classes do. They have the same units, they count towards my overall undergrad and major GPA, etc. Basically, there's no reason that LSAC shouldn't be counting them. However, on my Academic Summary Report, it only shows classes up to 2013. The thing is that I really want LSAC to count those classes- they'd bring my GPA up from a 3.92 to a 3.98, and besides right now it just looks like I took no classes my final semester of college. Does anybody have experience with LSAC screwing up transcripts like that? Is there a way to get them to fix it?

pylon

Re: Problem with LSAC transcript and study abroad grades

Postby pylon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:47 am

Not exactly the same situation, but I did have an issue with my transcript. I called LSAC and they asked me to send an email explaining my situation in writing, and then after a few days my transcript had been fixed. Hope that helps!

SPerez

Re: Problem with LSAC transcript and study abroad grades

Postby SPerez » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 pm

leslieknope wrote:So! I studied abroad in the Spring of 2014 (my last semester of undergrad). While there I took classes at the foreign university, but my home university sponsored my classes and the classes I took abroad appear on my undergrad transcript exactly the same way as other classes do. They have the same units, they count towards my overall undergrad and major GPA, etc. Basically, there's no reason that LSAC shouldn't be counting them. However, on my Academic Summary Report, it only shows classes up to 2013. The thing is that I really want LSAC to count those classes- they'd bring my GPA up from a 3.92 to a 3.98, and besides right now it just looks like I took no classes my final semester of college. Does anybody have experience with LSAC screwing up transcripts like that? Is there a way to get them to fix it?

That does sound odd. Not that the difference between 3.92 and 3.98 will make a difference at all, but I would call LSAC and find out what the deal is. If you have a relationship with an adcom that's as cool as me 8) you might try emailing them, describing the problem, and asking if the LSAC report they received also reflects that issue. Might not be a bad idea to email all the schools you applied to to give them a heads up and let them know you are working with LSAC to correct the issue.

Dean Perez
Texas Tech Law

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”