Hey, I am spamming my book again!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
popsmurf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:33 am

Hey, I am spamming my book again!

Postby popsmurf » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:03 am

By now you may have heard mention of this book, but if it, this resource is super cool. Although I graduated over a year ago, I read this book last month and immediately sent 5 copies to some of my friends who currently 1L's. I am a big fan of this book because law school was tough for me but I ended up graduating in the top of my class. I think that anyone who is really down to do good as a law student should get the book. If not, then don't bother. It just would not make sense to invest thousands of dollars into a legal education and not get your hands on every available resource that could help you perform better as a law student. I bought it on Amazon, but I just saw it at Barnes and Noble on Saturday.

Later.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby 03152016 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:09 am

lol
what does it take to get an A at cooley
fogging a mirror?

popsmurf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:33 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby popsmurf » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:13 am

I dont know, I went to MSU. But I have many friends who graduated from Cooley. Whether it is Cooley, MSU, U of M, FSU, etc., clients don't care where you graduated from. Maybe the book is not for you, but if not then don't read it. Thanks.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby 03152016 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:13 am

i love how you think you're fooling anyone

now i see why you ended up at cooley you retard

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 am

Mods in 3...2...1...

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby 03152016 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:19 am

i'm going to go write negative reviews of your book now
hth

AReasonableMan
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby AReasonableMan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:22 am

Brut wrote:i'm going to go write negative reviews of your book now
hth

This would both be uncool and libelous unless you state you never read the book, but OP is dropping this book around a lot.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby 03152016 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 am

did some googling
i'm beginning to think the author, jevon arvin davis, didn't even go to law school

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 am

AReasonableMan wrote:
Brut wrote:i'm going to go write negative reviews of your book now
hth

This would both be uncool and libelous unless you state you never read the book, but OP is dropping this book around a lot.


You can read the first couple of pages on Amazon, which I did. It is objectively terrible.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby schmelling » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 am

popsmurf wrote:I think that anyone who is really down to do good as a law student should get the book.


So this is a book on community service?

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby 03152016 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:26 am

elterrible78 wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:
Brut wrote:i'm going to go write negative reviews of your book now
hth

This would both be uncool and libelous unless you state you never read the book, but OP is dropping this book around a lot.


You can read the first couple of pages on Amazon, which I did. It is objectively terrible.

yeah that's what i was about to post
i read enough of it to see it was a fucking train wreck

mvp99
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby mvp99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:30 am

why on earth would you after graduating read a book on getting As in LS ? (not that I buy what you're saying)
Last edited by mvp99 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:31 am

Brut wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:
Brut wrote:i'm going to go write negative reviews of your book now
hth

This would both be uncool and libelous unless you state you never read the book, but OP is dropping this book around a lot.


You can read the first couple of pages on Amazon, which I did. It is objectively terrible.

yeah that's what i was about to post
i read enough of it to see it was a fucking train wreck


There are actually more pages available than I realized. It is absolute comedy gold. The first page is full of so many inaccuracies and baseless generalizations that you can't help but laugh. Early on the second page, though, we get our first super-secret tip to "obtaining superb grades in law school." Let me lay it on you:

"Specifically, if you are going to pay attention by using a recording device, make sure the record button is actually 'on' once this lecture portion of the class begins."

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:32 am

"A's and B's are superior grades."

you either did not go to law school, or you went to the law school with the harshest curve ever.

mvp99
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby mvp99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:34 am

emkay625 wrote:"A's and B's are superior grades."

you either did not go to law school, or you went to the law school with the harshest curve ever.


How can I read the sample???!?

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:35 am

"From the onset of the semester, focus on preparing for the exam in week one (or no later than week two), because this approach will position you for great academic magnificence..."

Absolutely rolling.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 am

mvp99 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:"A's and B's are superior grades."

you either did not go to law school, or you went to the law school with the harshest curve ever.


How can I read the sample???!?


Click on the picture of the book on Amazon. I won't link it here so as to somehow attract more attention/increase its Google result.

mvp99
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby mvp99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 am

I think the first page gave me cancer

User avatar
WichitaShocker
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby WichitaShocker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:48 am

My favorite part is the only review.

"This was a excellent book. It was very easy to understand. My grades have and study habbits have improved" -Jevon Davis

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby emkay625 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:50 am

Is it bad that after I got to the first improperly italicized comma I knew that this person was not a credible source about making As in law school?

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 am

emkay625 wrote:Is it bad that after I got to the first improperly italicized comma I knew that this person was not a credible source about making As in law school?


Improperly italicized commas are the least of this clown's concerns.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:16 am

Jezuz op is getting shredded like a Julienne salad

qlinault
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby qlinault » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:19 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:Jezuz op is getting shredded like a Julienne salad

OP went to MSU, NOT Cooley. This is an objective review.

ETA luckily Jevon Davis took his own advice and did well in law school. I do wonder why he bought his own book, though.

User avatar
DetroitRed
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:40 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby DetroitRed » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:13 am

Pg. 5:

"These cases will entail two or more parties in dispute over a legal issue, whose case has reached a Federal or State Court of Appeals or a Supreme Court, respectfully."

lololol

User avatar
DavidConeSplitter
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 am

Re: "Ingredients For Making A's In Law School"

Postby DavidConeSplitter » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:33 am

i dunno it looks likea cool book to me




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunbury, SuperAverageJoe and 4 guests