Will t-14s revoke an acceptance due to a GPA drop?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anonymousdouche

Will t-14s revoke an acceptance due to a GPA drop?

Postby anonymousdouche » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:57 pm

So for people who are applying before they graduate, how do most law schools (specifically t14s) tend to deal with GPA drops?

Do they revoke their acceptance? If so, at what point? Can you drop about .2 (from a 3.9-3.7) and be safe?

Also, out of curiosity, what GPA are law schools required to report to the ABA? The final GPA, or the initial GPA reported?

I'm asking for... a friend.
Last edited by anonymousdouche on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carter1901

Re: Will t-14s revoke an acceptance due to a GPA drop?

Postby Carter1901 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Entirely anecdotal, but my senior year grades were pretty atrocious (to the point where they likely would've pulled my GPA from above-median at the school I attend to a bit below) and it was a complete non-issue. You're fine.

anonymousdouche

Postby anonymousdouche » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Carter1901 wrote:Entirely anecdotal, but my senior year grades were pretty atrocious (to the point where they likely would've pulled my GPA from above-median at the school I attend to a bit below) and it was a complete non-issue. You're fine.

That's reassuring. If you don't mind me asking, was this school in the t14? Also, did they require you to send a final transcript?

Carter1901

Postby Carter1901 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:01 am

anonymousdouche wrote:
Carter1901 wrote:Entirely anecdotal, but my senior year grades were pretty atrocious (to the point where they likely would've pulled my GPA from above-median at the school I attend to a bit below) and it was a complete non-issue. You're fine.

That's reassuring. If you don't mind me asking, was this school in the t14? Also, did they require you to send a final transcript?

CCN. They did; to my knowledge most if not all schools require the final transcript + dean's certification combo (no need to update transcripts with LSAC though).

anonymousdouche

Postby anonymousdouche » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 am

Carter1901 wrote:
anonymousdouche wrote:

CCN. They did; to my knowledge most if not all schools require the final transcript + dean's certification combo (no need to update transcripts with LSAC though).

Perfect, CCN is what I'm aiming for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”