Retaking lsat after law school submission

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dreamandy

Retaking lsat after law school submission

Postby dreamandy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:13 am

Hello. I received a score of 173 on the LSAT, but have decided to take it again this December (2 days from now!), as the score was far below my expectations.

The thing is, I already submitted my applications to T6 schools (around Thanksgiving), and after having a look around, I found out that some schools (such as Chicago) will delay looking over at my documents until the updated scores come out, unless I inform them to go ahead with my application - but I don't know which schools would.

I don't want schools to delay looking over at my documents until my updated scores come out, because I don't want the delayed application to negatively affect my chances.
I've already told Chicago that I want the school to move ahead with the application - should I do it for other schools?

Or is the other way around, it that schools will normally move on with the application unless I tell them to wait? (in which I don't need to inform anything)

Thanks!

Rigo

Re: Retaking lsat after law school submission

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 am

Are you a super splitter or something?

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:49 am

dreamandy wrote:Hello. I received a score of 173 on the LSAT, but have decided to take it again this December (2 days from now!), as the score was far below my expectations.

The thing is, I already submitted my applications to T6 schools (around Thanksgiving), and after having a look around, I found out that some schools (such as Chicago) will delay looking over at my documents until the updated scores come out, unless I inform them to go ahead with my application - but I don't know which schools would.

I don't want schools to delay looking over at my documents until my updated scores come out, because I don't want the delayed application to negatively affect my chances.
I've already told Chicago that I want the school to move ahead with the application - should I do it for other schools?

Or is the other way around, it that schools will normally move on with the application unless I tell them to wait? (in which I don't need to inform anything)

Thanks!

I did a similar thing (not as high of a score tho). If I were you I'd call each office. Some of them will not move forward on your application no matter what. Some of them will. But it's not totally useful to have them move ahead, because you're presumably looking for scholarships from these schools, you want them to evaluate you based on your higher future score. But I wasn't rejected by any place before I got my second (December) score back.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:25 pm

GPA?

kcdc1

Postby kcdc1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:43 pm

(1) You'll get into good schools either way

(2) Once you start school, don't say crap like this or everyone will justifiably dislike you.

I received a score of 173 on the LSAT, but . . . the score was far below my expectations.

dreamandy

Postby dreamandy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Haha guys. My GPA is only a 3.70 - I need higher LSATs because I really wanna get into Harvard.
Now that I think about it, I should just contact every school rather than fret over which schools delay apps and not.
Thanks everyone :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”