Is it too late to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UOI4430

Is it too late to apply?

Postby UOI4430 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:30 pm

I know that applications aren't due for a couple of months, but is it too late if I am looking to get into the top 20 and low t-14? I am worried that I will have to wait until the next cycle if I want to get in.

Anyone else still yet to apply?

Cumulative: 3.71
Major: 3.87
LSAT: 168

WichitaShocker

Re: Is it too late to apply?

Postby WichitaShocker » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Not at all. Get them in by the end of the month and you should be fine. Worst case scenario, you don't get in where you want to and reapply next year.

UOI4430

Postby UOI4430 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:Not at all. Get them in by the end of the month and you should be fine. Worst case scenario, you don't get in where you want to and reapply next year.

Does whether you have been previously denied by a particular school factor in to their decision when you apply again?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 pm

UOI4430 wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:Not at all. Get them in by the end of the month and you should be fine. Worst case scenario, you don't get in where you want to and reapply next year.

Does whether you have been previously denied by a particular school factor in to their decision when you apply again?

It's probably a factor but not a significant one. Be sure to write a new PS.
You will be judged first and foremost on your numbers though, so whatever past denials are obsolete.

You can definitely still apply and be competitive. Get everything in before the new year and you'll actually be a couple weeks ahead of everyone taking the LSAT this month (results released in January).

GOODLUCK!

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

pylon

Postby pylon » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 pm

UOI4430 wrote:

I think schools want to see something different. So if your application is the same as the time you applied last, then yes it would be a negative.

ku546

Postby ku546 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:19 pm

According to Anna Ivey's consulting group, applying before Thanksgiving--which was only last week--is a solid time to apply. Spivey consulting also noted that before Dec 15 is considered early.

Finally, LSAC's chart shows number of applicants by week. You can see that less than 50% of the applicant pool has submitted by December.
http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/three-year-volume

This is more of a side note rather than direct evidence given the info is user-submitted, but many LSN charts are barely populated as well.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:47 pm

i also imagine a pretty subsantial percentage of people that havent applied yet are retakers for dec/feb test

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”