Application Form Mistakes, What Should I do?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SummerDec1225

Application Form Mistakes, What Should I do?

Postby SummerDec1225 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:52 pm

I just realized that I make a couple mistakes when reviewing PDF file of my application.

1. For an internship during freshman year summer, I checked the "YES" for "employment during academic year" when it was during summer break.

2. I did not fill out any of the "reason for leaving" in the employment section (I didn't think it was necessary as most of them are internship or on campus employment, but now feel like I might have made a mistake not doing so...)

:( :(

What should I do? Please help!

BillsFan9907

Re: Application Form Mistakes, What Should I do?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:55 am

I'd start looking into Cooley or Florida Coastal if I were you. Look, it's not what you want to hear, but most schools expect that you are professional enough to proofread your work and understand the difference between academic year and summer break.

Sorry. I know it's not what you want to hear, but someone needs to say it.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Yeah it's not a big deal at all. I had some minor mistakes like that last cycle. I didn't get rejected from any schools my numbers should have put me in. If you are really stressing out then you can contact them.

PS. I was obviously joking in my previous post. You sort of asked for it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SummerDec1225

Postby SummerDec1225 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Seoulless wrote:I'd start looking into Cooley or Florida Coastal if I were you. Look, it's not what you want to hear, but most schools expect that you are professional enough to proofread your work and understand the difference between academic year and summer break.

Sorry. I know it's not what you want to hear, but someone needs to say it.

I was literally gonna cry when I saw this...

Thank you for the replies!!

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 pm

doesn't matter at all.

Might matter if you're a marginal candidate, but if you're a marginal candidate (and we're not talking about HYS), that's not a school you should be going to anyway, as marginal acceptances /= good scholarships.

But the time to correct mistakes that are not material is before you press the "send" button. Don't correct it now if it wasn't substantial or created something misleading.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”