Should I take the LSAT in Feb?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MoMo89

Should I take the LSAT in Feb?

Postby MoMo89 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Well, I have registered for the upcoming Dec LSAT but I feel that I am unprepared for it. I have been studying for the past month but I was not able to cover all the topics I really wanted to cover, and, taking the preptests now, I score around 150. I have 1 week to increase my score which I think is not enough time.

My question is: Is the February LSAT too late in order to apply for Law school in the fall? I plan on applying to a T2 and a T4 school that are local. While they are still be accepting applications that late in the admission cycle, will they give as strong of a consideration as if I take the LSAT next week albeit with a lower score?

Thanks for the advice.

Mack.Hambleton

Re: Should I take the LSAT in Feb?

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 pm

first, definitely don't take the next test if you're not prepared

secondly, I'd say take it in June after prepping hard so you can land a full ride at a state flagship in the state you want to practice in

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Why do you want to go to law school? What are your other options and interests in life? What would your goals be for a career as an attorney?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:17 am

Definitely withdraw from the December test. Only one month of studying is nowhere near enough time--as evidenced by your 150ish PT scores.

A higher score in February always beats a low score in December. Strongly consider sitting the cycle out though, especially if you don't hit your target score in February. It will give you time for a June and/or September retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”