Didn't enter the recommenders' titles

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
victorrrj

Didn't enter the recommenders' titles

Postby victorrrj » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 am

I didn't enter the recommenders' titles while requesting their recommendation letters. Does it matter to the admission office? Anyway I believe professors will include their titles in the letter.

And also one recommender used his personal email address, as it is displayed in LSAC recommender information. What I provided was absolutely a school email address, I don't know why this happened. Can anyone tell me what happened here?

KissMyAxe

Re: Didn't enter the recommenders' titles

Postby KissMyAxe » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 am

Post Deleted
Last edited by KissMyAxe on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victorrrj

Postby victorrrj » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:44 am

KissMyAxe wrote:You didn't?!!! Of course they care. This is one of the worst things you can do! I have a friend who had a 4.15 GPA and a 180 LSAT and is a poor, homosexual, URM veteran. He forgot to to enter his recommenders' titles and was shunned by the entire legal community. He applied to 50 schools ranging from Barry to Yale and was rejected from all of them. He's now an unemployed drug addict living on the streets. I wish you all the best. Hopefully you have some family money to fall back on.

Is that a joke?

hillz

Postby hillz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 am

victorrrj wrote:
KissMyAxe wrote:You didn't?!!! Of course they care. This is one of the worst things you can do! I have a friend who had a 4.15 GPA and a 180 LSAT and is a poor, homosexual, URM veteran. He forgot to to enter his recommenders' titles and was shunned by the entire legal community. He applied to 50 schools ranging from Barry to Yale and was rejected from all of them. He's now an unemployed drug addict living on the streets. I wish you all the best. Hopefully you have some family money to fall back on.

Is that a joke?

Yes.

OP, it doesn't matter. If it really mattered, they would make "title" a required field on the LSAC website. Your LORs should tell the schools who the recommender is and how they know you.

victorrrj

Postby victorrrj » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:51 am

hillz wrote:
victorrrj wrote:

Is that a joke?

Yes.

OP, it doesn't matter. If it really mattered, they would make "title" a required field on the LSAC website. Your LORs should tell the schools who the recommender is and how they know you.

Thank you! And also do you know why a personal email address appeared in the professor's information? I didn't use that email - I even had no idea of its existence.

hillz

Postby hillz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 pm

victorrrj wrote:
hillz wrote:
victorrrj wrote:

Is that a joke?

Yes.

Thank you! And also do you know why a personal email address appeared in the professor's information? I didn't use that email - I even had no idea of its existence.

It just means your recommender must have entered it when she/he completed your LOR - they are able to change the info you entered previously. One of my recommenders ended up entering a different title than what I had entered.

KMart

Postby KMart » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 am

victorrrj wrote:I didn't enter the recommenders' titles while requesting their recommendation letters. Does it matter to the admission office? Anyway I believe professors will include their titles in the letter.

And also one recommender used his personal email address, as it is displayed in LSAC recommender information. What I provided was absolutely a school email address, I don't know why this happened. Can anyone tell me what happened here?

You're ok - take a deep breath and relax :D.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”