First 4 law school apps have been transmitted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RCSOB657

First 4 law school apps have been transmitted

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Yay!

These are the schools I used my LSAC fee waiver (4 free reports) on. I'll be sending out more, but only when I can afford it. Recommence the making fun of me.

1) Creighton U
2) Mississippi Col
3) Ohio Northern U
4) U of Idaho

Rigo

Re: First 4 law school apps have been transmitted

Postby Rigo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Random af, but yay?

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:58 pm

well thank you?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 am

Why these four schools? Especially since your ties are to Georgia.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:17 am

In general they fit me in either program offered, objective score range, or cost of attendance after potential scholarships. I will apply for reach schools as well later. I also would not mind living in the states these schools are located. Moving around is not abnormal to me, I'm a military brat and have gone out and back from this state ever since I was born.

As far as my state schools go, I won't be getting into UGA or Emory. I am not likely to get into Ga State, but if I do I will probably be paying sticker cost. I would also have to live in Atlanta. The other schools in this state I do not feel would be good fit for me, except maybe Mercer. I will eventually apply there, but I doubt I will get a full ride there. I will also add there are a 'lot' of lawyers from Mercer in my area and in my state's government.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am

Since you're from Augusta, maybe South Carolina schools would still be within the region.
I would hate for you to move to some of these places and either be stuck there after graduation or (more likely) have a ton of debt and no legal job.
Definitely apply to Mercer. Of the schools you've listed, it seems to make them most sense geographically and is also attainable given your current numbers.

You're really not looking at a full ride or even decent money anywhere, sorry to say.
I've said it before but I'll say it again: I REALLY think you should retake. Even just getting into the high 150's could make these schools at least somewhat more affordable. There skill level between a 153 and a 160 is pretty minimal. Just become a bit more fluent in each of the sections and get good at LG.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 am

Dirigo wrote:Since you're from Augusta, maybe South Carolina schools would still be within the region.
I would hate for you to move to some of these places and either be stuck there after graduation or (more likely) have a ton of debt and no legal job.
Definitely apply to Mercer. Of the schools you've listed, it seems to make them most sense geographically and is also attainable given your current numbers.

You're really not looking at a full ride or even decent money anywhere, sorry to say.
I've said it before but I'll say it again: I REALLY think you should retake. Even just getting into the high 150's could make these schools at least somewhat more affordable. There skill level between a 153 and a 160 is pretty minimal. Just become a bit more fluent in each of the sections and get good at LG.

Thank you for the wisdom. Registered for the Feb test. Why the hell is it not at my school like the June test was. If I can earn higher, I'll negotiate with the schools I have by then or apply to new ones relative to the score.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:40 am

dont go (probably best option) or retake for state flagships with $$$

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”