Boost for Attending Law School's Undergrad?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bravo

Boost for Attending Law School's Undergrad?

Postby Bravo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm not sure if this has been talked about somewhere else on this forum, but I haven't seen it. What is the general consensus on whether or not an applicant gets a boost when applying to the law school where they attended undergrad? Does it vary depending on the school or does it make no difference at all across the board? I understand it probably doesn't make a significant difference, but I am curious.

solitarymatch

Re: Boost for Attending Law School's Undergrad?

Postby solitarymatch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Bravo wrote:I'm not sure if this has been talked about somewhere else on this forum, but I haven't seen it. What is the general consensus on whether or not an applicant gets a boost when applying to the law school where they attended undergrad? Does it vary depending on the school or does it make no difference at all across the board? I understand it probably doesn't make a significant difference, but I am curious.

Doesn't U. Chicago have a program that gives its undergrads this opportunity? I know they have to submit their apps very early.

I do know someone with a 3.9 from Harvard and a 174 who was rejected from HLS and went to Duke. But that is just anecdotal.

Rigo

Re: Boost for Attending Law School's Undergrad?

Postby Rigo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 pm

No boost.
May help guard against YP though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”