Yale Law Application - "Post College Activities"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
agp2111

Yale Law Application - "Post College Activities"

Postby agp2111 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Does anyone know why this optional section should be used? I'm afraid answering this prompt will only be redundant since I'll be submitting a resume. How are others using this section?

As a refresher: the "post-college activities" section asks for an a description for what you've been doing since college. The prompt specifically addresses people who have been out of college for more than 3 months.

antiworldly

Re: Yale Law Application - "Post College Activities"

Postby antiworldly » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 am

I used this section to elaborate on some of the things I've done that, while illustrative of future success in law school, were not important enough to make it onto the resume.

Kratos

Postby Kratos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:03 pm

It's there because applications are fucking stupid and ask for redundant shit despite the fact that a resume and the LSAC stuff provides all the relevant information they could ever need.

Elston Gunn

Postby Elston Gunn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:35 pm

I literally just did bullet points. You can explain if you want. But either way, you definitely have to submit it.

But this is a perfect case of let me google that for you, because I think I've answered this question 3-4 times on this board.

agp2111

Postby agp2111 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks all for the answers. I just want to make sure I provide Yale with all the information they request.

For the record: Elston, would love to see those other threads if you don't mind sharing them here. I looked but didn't find anything that addressed my question head-on.

Thanks again!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”