Responding to Interested Schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Wieters

Responding to Interested Schools?

Postby Wieters » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Today I received two emails (from Pittsburgh/Arizona Summit), each opening with a line about how they haven't heard back from me after proffering a fee waiver several weeks ago. The implication seemed to be that they wanted me to contact them in some way.

I'm not interested in either of the above schools, but I have received waivers from other schools that I will be applying to, and I am curious as to whether they expect a response to their having sent me an unsolicited waiver, or even just for having encouraged me to apply (Harvard).

Michigan, for instance, sent me their third email today (along with a packet in the mail), and I don't want to be spurning them by not answering.

Thanks in advance.

4LTsPointingNorth

Re: Responding to Interested Schools?

Postby 4LTsPointingNorth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 pm

No need to respond. Your submitted application is the only response these schools are looking for.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm

No need to respond to your desired schools. Pittsburg and Arizona Summit are just being super thirsty.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 pm

theres an unsubscribe button for a reason

Wieters

Postby Wieters » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to take no action.

solitarymatch

Postby solitarymatch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Dirigo wrote:No need to respond to your desired schools. Pittsburg and Arizona Summit are just being super thirsty.

I replied to Cooley telling them to please never email me again and the person who wrote the email replied back with, "I highly and sincerely apologize for the frustration this email may cause. We at Cooley use a rigorous method for...."

Ended on a persuasive note.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”