Exchange transcript from an US institution.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
canon1845

Exchange transcript from an US institution.

Postby canon1845 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi guys

I did my undergraduate in a foreign institution (Evaluation - above average). During my undergraduate I went on exchange to an American university for a semester (3.1 - 3.4 GPA).

For some reason, I was under the impression that the grades I have received would not be visible or presented to law schools that I am applying to. Mostly because vast majority of my degree was earned in my home institution.

However LSAC has published an academic summary report with the grades and GPA from my time on exchage on my lsac account which suggests that they are going to present them to the law schools.

1. Does the existence of academic summary report suggest that law schools will be able to see my American grades?

2. How will one semester of grades be viewed by the admissions?

3. On a side note, will my 3 year bachelors degree (standard in the commonwealth nations) have any sort of impact on admission? Has anyone else from Australia or Great Britain had the same concerns?

Thanks for the help guys

Edit: small fix

BillsFan9907

Re: Exchange transcript from an US institution.

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Do you have an LSAC GPA? It should be there on the summary report.

canon1845

Postby canon1845 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Seoulless wrote:Do you have an LSAC GPA? It should be there on the summary report.

I do but it's only for a semester's work while on exchange at an american university.

I would hate to think that would be visible to the law schools, as it really isn't a fair reflection of my academic ability. It will also overshadow my 'real' undergrad work which was rated as above average.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

9/10 times you can get the answer on here. Your situation is truly unique and interesting. I'd definitely call LSAC ASAP and report back to us what the deal is.

canon1845

Postby canon1845 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Seoulless wrote:9/10 times you can get the answer on here. Your situation is truly unique and interesting. I'd definitely call LSAC ASAP and report back to us what the deal is.

Thanks for the help man. I will correspond with LSAC with this one.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”