Honest Answers only, please: Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chowfun

Bronze

Honest Answers only, please:

Post by Chowfun » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:51 am

I did bad on the lsat 151! I have a gpa of 3.75. Despite my horrible lsat, I still have fee waivers from t14s. I also have a few interviews as well. I was offered the interviews. Are they even worth my time?

I don't know if it matters, but I am a URM.

mephistopheles

Gold

Re: Honest Answers only, please:

Post by mephistopheles » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am

retake

please trust me, retake

HRomanus

Silver

Post by HRomanus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:54 am

Being a URM does matter.

But no.

A 151 will get you rejected anywhere that you really want to go. Retake for a 165-170 and you'll go wherever you want with that GPA.

Chowfun

Bronze

Post by Chowfun » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 am

Ah, this sucks. Why are they wanting to interview me then? I feel embarrassed, it's like if I have no chance why are you giving my false hope?

HRomanus

Silver

Post by HRomanus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 am

Chowfun wrote:Ah, this sucks. Why are they wanting to interview me then? I feel embarrassed, it's like if I have no chance why are you giving my false hope?
You're not getting in with a 151 (or getting in anywhere worth going/with a scholarship that's worth it) even as a URM unless you're, like, RG3 or something. Just retake and shoot for next year, where your outcomes will be incredible with that GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:00 am

Chowfun wrote:Ah, this sucks. Why are they wanting to interview me then? I feel embarrassed, it's like if I have no chance why are you giving my false hope?
What interviews were you offered?

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:00 am

Retake. Even if you get in anywhere (you wont) you won't the scholarship offers to make it worth going anywhere legit.

Chowfun

Bronze

Post by Chowfun » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:02 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:Retake. Even if you get in anywhere (you wont) you won't the scholarship offers to make it worth going anywhere legit.
I see. Thanks.

Chowfun

Bronze

Post by Chowfun » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:03 am

malleus discentium wrote:
The two confirmed ones are Northwestern and Georgetown. Are they still t14? I'm not too sure, but not far from it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:06 am

Chowfun wrote:I did bad on the lsat 151! I have a gpa of 3.75. Despite my horrible lsat, I still have fee waivers from t14s. I also have a few interviews as well. I was offered the interviews. Are they even worth my time?

Highest LSAT: 165
GPA: 3.8
LSDAS GPA: 3.8
Underrepresented Minority?: Yes
Application Year: 2014-2015
(INFO IS FROM YOUR PROFILE)
Why are you trying to troll everyone. Gotta try harder than this

HRomanus

Silver

Post by HRomanus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:13 am

CoffeeIsLife wrote:
Chowfun wrote:I did bad on the lsat 151! I have a gpa of 3.75. Despite my horrible lsat, I still have fee waivers from t14s. I also have a few interviews as well. I was offered the interviews. Are they even worth my time?

Highest LSAT: 165
GPA: 3.8
LSDAS GPA: 3.8
Underrepresented Minority?: Yes
Application Year: 2014-2015
(INFO IS FROM YOUR PROFILE)
Why are you trying to troll everyone. Gotta try harder than this
Wow we fail. I even checked her profile and missed this.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 am

last cycle someone got into GW with a 3.75/148. URM female

It is not worth paying 300,000 for law these days.

I would retake.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 am

Could have been she expected a 165. You really have to be passionately racist to go through all this trouble just to troll affirmative action. However, I would bet thee person who attends GW with a 148 will not do very well on exams. The most recent data would suggest being over 15 points below a median, she has a 95 percent chance of being below median.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Northwestern says they interview literally everyone.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:26 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:Could have been she expected a 165. You really have to be passionately racist to go through all this trouble just to troll affirmative action. However, I would bet thee person who attends GW with a 148 will not do very well on exams. The most recent data would suggest being over 15 points below a median, she has a 95 percent chance of being below median.
Why does it make you racist to troll affirmative action? I guess expecting that everyone be held to the same standard is racist now. All those people comfortable with Jews in Germany not getting a special standard? Racists!!!!

I imagine some people are rightfully indignant. It doesn't make them racist to act out.
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:28 pm

retake bro. They offer you waivers to decrease their acceptance percentage to make them look better. With your GPA, take as long as you need to make an LSAT score of 165+. If it takes 6 months, a year, 2 years whatever. Lawl school is going nowhere. Please just retake, then the waivers will actually be valid interest.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Chowfun wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:
The two confirmed ones are Northwestern and Georgetown. Are they still t14? I'm not too sure, but not far from it.
They interview all applicants. It's just part of the app process for them.

You MUST retake. There is literally zero room to argue otherwise.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Edit from my post above: damn. Why did you even make a thread if you got a 165? Like, good joke... i guess.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:Edit from my post above: damn. Why did you even make a thread if you got a 165? Like, good joke... i guess.
Lame.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Seoulless wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:Could have been she expected a 165. You really have to be passionately racist to go through all this trouble just to troll affirmative action. However, I would bet thee person who attends GW with a 148 will not do very well on exams. The most recent data would suggest being over 15 points below a median, she has a 95 percent chance of being below median.
Why does it make you racist to troll affirmative action? I guess expecting that everyone be held to the same standard is racist now. All those people comfortable with Jews in Germany not getting a special standard? Racists!!!!

I imagine some people are rightfully indignant. It doesn't make them racist to act out.
No affirmative action discussion.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Seoulless wrote:
Reasonable minds can debate the merits of affirmative action. However, somebody affirmatively lying in creating a fake account, and creating a fallacious backstory solely for the purpose of riling up public disdain for affirmative action is obsessive to the point of racism.

For whatever reason, the Jews in Germany didn't need affirmative action, and always had been subjected to legal disadvantages. They're an anomaly. How does Judaism even exist when every other religion from its era was assimilated, and someone group has had the resources and desire to eliminate them every century? They're lousy evidence, because their experience doesn't follow logic.

EDIT: Didn't see warning.
Last edited by AReasonableMan on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:37 pm

When a mod says "no AA discussion," you should probably STFU.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Seriously, nothing more about affirmative action.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”