getting accepted while re-taking december lsat

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bfraimow

getting accepted while re-taking december lsat

Postby bfraimow » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:32 am

Hi all!

I got my scores back from my september lsat a few weeks ago (167), and I'm considering re-taking for the December LSAT, as I was scoring around the 170 range in my PTs and I think even a 3 point increase could be a big bump in getting into one of the lower tier T-14 on my list. My GPA is a bit low (3.4), but I think my stats should be good enough to get into some schools I like right now. My question is, if I apply to certain schools outside the T-14 now while holding off on my apps for T-14 schools, will those schools automatically not look at my application if I have a pending LSAT on file even if I'd like them to? It'd be nice to take the test knowing I'd already be on track to be accepted certain places without having to worry about applying at the later date. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

secadc11

Re: getting accepted while re-taking december lsat

Postby secadc11 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:35 am

I'm in basically exactly the same situation as you, stats wise. Would love to hear the answer on this.

fhmx

Postby fhmx » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm

I am not sure...But I think I read on some schools' websites that they will not suspend the decision (or accept your request of suspending the decision) as long as your application is considered to be complete. Other schools may just wait for your Dec score or you can request...

superpatton

Postby superpatton » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm in a very similar situation to you. First off, before your retake, only apply to schools you are very sure you will get into, as in at or above both medians, early. For reach schools, waiting for even one point difference on the LSAT will help you exponentially. It doesn't hurt at all to apply to safety schools early, so throw them apps, most likely if your are an easy admit they will just process you normally. If they decide to hold your application pending December retake then that's no problem, your app is in early and you can just relax until December scores are released. So I guess in summary, send out apps asap for schools you can get into with current numbers, hold off on the rest, and don't worry about when they process them, your cycle will be very similar either way. Best of luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”