Submit now for HLS or wait for third letter of rec? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
flomotion

New

Submit now for HLS or wait for third letter of rec?

Post by flomotion » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey all,

My original plan was to have 2 letters from a professor, and 1 from an employer. 2 of these are in-- a professor and an employer. However, the 2nd professor hasn't submitted his yet. I was planning to submit today, but noticed that HLS considers an application Complete once it receives 2 letters. Is it worth it for me to apply with just those 2 letters? Or should I wait until his letter comes in to maximize my chances? Only issue is that I have no idea when he'd actually be able to get it in. I know it'll be a really good letter, once he does decide to send it.

FYI-- I'm right at the borderline for HLS, if it makes a difference. I think getting it in early would actually help me quite a bit.

Thanks so much for your advice.

downbeat14

Silver

Re: Submit now for HLS or wait for third letter of rec?

Post by downbeat14 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flomotion

New

Post by flomotion » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:11 pm

downbeat14 wrote:Submit immediately!!! You can assign the other letter to them later on and let them know once it's in.
Oooh. Thanks for the advice. Is this because the admissions committee probably won't review until November anyway? I'm just worried they'll review my application without the third rec, and the rec will never end up being read :( Hopefully it gets there by the end of October.

flomotion

New

Post by flomotion » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey-- I figured I would post the response I got from the admissions office in case this topic interests anybody else in the future.

Essentially, HLS said that I can submit first, but send an email telling them that I am expecting another letter to arrive to them soon. The app will be counted as complete, with a note for the reviewer that another letter is on its way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”