Why aren't italics converting on my Applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Silver

Why aren't italics converting on my Applications

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 pm

All of the italics from my word documents have changed to some non-italicized non- times new roman font on my application PDF. Is this happening to anyone else?

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Why aren't italics converting on my Applications

Postby Pneumonia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Are you talking about LSAC uplpads? Try .rtf

Also, LSAC does weird things. Def upload and then re download to see what it looks like; the preview window is often garbled

BillsFan9907

Silver

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:07 am

Pneumonia wrote:Are you talking about LSAC uplpads? Try .rtf

Also, LSAC does weird things. Def upload and then re download to see what it looks like; the preview window is often garbled

Oddly, the preview window was fine. It was when I printed. I am assuming the weirdness is just my computer converting a preview window to a printable document? I've had problems with printing pdfs from a web browser before. Assuming HLS does not exactly print apps from firefox..

In short, I am assuming if it looks fine in the preview, then it will look fine for the law school?

smile0751

Bronze

Postby smile0751 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:11 am

I had the exact same problem with my resume (looked fine in preview, but printed weird). Through experimentation, I realized it seemed to be a Mac vs PC problem. I the uploaded everything with my PC, instead of a Mac, and the printing problem seemed to be fixed. But, I also assume that adcomms don't print from a Mac.

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:38 am

Most adcoms don't print at all, paperless etc. At least that's what they say. I didn't test print any of my apps, but if it looks good in the review window then I'm sure you're fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�