To Apply Before or After December LSAT?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ducks278

New

To Apply Before or After December LSAT??

Post by ducks278 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 pm

As I'm sure a lot of other potential JD applicants experienced; the September LSAT scores came out this week. Unfortunately, the score I got was not as I was hoping for, thus it is time to retake my LSAT in December. I was PTing 8-10 points higher then my actual score and realized that I quite simply rushed this last test. The question I have is though should I apply to a number of the schools I was targeting now or after the December LSAT results? I know typically December is pretty late in the cycle to applying; thus my concern if I wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

minky20

New

Re: To Apply Before or After December LSAT??

Post by minky20 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 pm

i am struggling with the exact same issue. i was hoping to apply to top 14 schools and now i do not think my lsat score is high enough. any idea advice on if its better to wait in hopes of going up or just apply with what i have?

louisv123

New

Post by louisv123 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

I hope someone has some advice on this. I've been researching it / struggling with it ever since I got my September score back. Not at all where I wanted it to be, but I went ahead and applied to my safety schools that I know I can still get in with. What I've heard is to apply and most schools (though ask / figure out in advance if they do this) will hold if you have a future test registration. But it always looks good to apply as early as possible I think.

xhe02

New

Post by xhe02 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:01 am

same question here!

superpatton

New

Post by superpatton » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:37 am

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my understanding of the topic. First off, it depends on what schools you are applying to. If you are likely to be accepted to these school with your present stats, go ahead and apply. Your retake with these schools will simply boost your application and maybe net you better money. Now if you are unlikely to be accepted with your present stats, most schools will hold your application anyways to wait for your new LSAT score. However you run the risk of them not seeing the planned LSAT date and rejecting you. Therefore, I would recommend holding off on any risky schools until your December test score releases. If you turn your applications in as soon as you get your score, it's not considered late and your cycle should still be fine. Good luck everyone.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Hold off until after December. There's no upside to applying now if your present stats don't justify admittance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”