Columbia Addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SexualSalad

New

Columbia Addendum

Post by SexualSalad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey guys, I just submitted my application to Columbia and soon thereafter realized I left out an addendum explaining my LSAT score increases (3 takes with increases of +2 and +3 in between each take). Since Columbia wants all addenda in combined in one document, it should've been appended to the end of my diversity statement.

So I'm wondering: would it be worth emailing admissions to ask if I could submit it? Or are the increases so small that an addendum isn't warranted and might even make me look careless if I bring it up? I'm already on the border in terms of numbers, so I'm a little neurotic right now. Thanks in advance.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Columbia Addendum

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. 5 points is basically within the margin of error; they'll know why you retook and why you did better.

Christina AA

New

Post by Christina AA » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 am

I would rarely advise an addendum to address a difference in LSAT scores because the reason you have retaken it is usually the obvious: to get a higher score! That's the case here, especially with such small increases. Good luck and don't worry about the addendum!

SexualSalad

New

Post by SexualSalad » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks for the responses. I guess I should clarify that the addendum is more to explain why my most recent and highest score would be most representative of my ability as a law student, not necessarily to explain why the score increased. Would this still be unnecessary?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 pm

SexualSalad wrote:Thanks for the responses. I guess I should clarify that the addendum is more to explain why my most recent and highest score would be most representative of my ability as a law student, not necessarily to explain why the score increased. Would this still be unnecessary?
Yeah no reason for an addendum. I went up 12 points and got in just fine without one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”